Lead Software Engineer, Engine - World of Warcraft
7 months ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Lead Software Engineer, Engine - World of Warcraft
The World of Warcraft team is seeking an engineer to join the Engine leadership team. In this role, you will build and support collaborative connections with the rest of the team, manage and guide the development of Engine engineers, and help the team establish technical vision and processes. You will also work closely with the Lead Graphics Engineer to partner on advancing our graphics and engine technologies. The ideal candidate prioritizes collaboration and service to partner teams, understands engine programming and art pipeline tools, and wants every engineer on their team to have the best job on Earth.
This position will join our current leads on the Engine team and as we look for an additional lead on the team, we are excited to be able to consider candidates with less direct experience in leadership roles. If you are an aspiring leader, we would be thrilled to see your application.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer competitive benefits and strive for a healthy work / life balance. We work hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything, and we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from- home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
What you will do…
- Manage, mentor, and evaluate a team of software engineers
- Work with production and other leads to manage the Engine schedule and backlog
- Champion work / life balance for the Engine team
- Understand artist workflows and collaborate on improvements
- Champion client performance
- Serve as a sounding board for the technical design of engine and pipeline features
- Maintain collaborative connections with Design, Art, Audio, QA, and the other engineering discipline teams
- Serve as an active partner in the engineering team’s leadership group
- Work with the team to define and maintain technical vision
- Maintain familiarity with the game’s design
- Promote, contribute to, and participate in our culture of inclusion and diversity
To succeed, you must have…
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience performing in a senior software engineering role or equivalent
- Experience developing art or graphics tools for non-engineers
We’re also interested in hearing stories you may have about…
- Experience leading projects or teams
- Experience with mentorship or sponsorship
- Fluency in C++
- Experience working on MMOs
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with code optimization
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $155,500.00 - $287,876.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.