Lead Software Engineer, Engine Systems - Diablo IV
21 days ago
Job Title:Lead Software Engineer, Engine Systems - Diablo IV
We need you
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
We’re working on Diablo IV! Are you a skilled Lead Software Engineer, Engine Systems who also cares about supporting people and growing a thriving team to drive forward technology? Join us and together we will create something exceptional.
The Engine team oversees many of Diablo IV’s core systems including audio, physics, UI, VFX, asset loading, job scheduling, and more. It also shepherds CPU and memory optimization, console support, and several key tools including our profiler. The team is continuing to expand, and it needs another leader to help guide us in our journey. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the future of the Diablo franchise.
In addition, our culture and values are important to us. All our engineers strive to make our working environment one that is inclusive, diverse, safe and empowering. We are looking for your passion here so that you too can proactively promote and foster this with all our fellow developers.
- Manage and foster a team of roughly 6 engineers who are focused on engine development and maintenance.
- Identify technical risks and their solutions, collaborating with the broader engineering leadership group.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new engine features and capabilities.
- Triage issues and help establish priorities for the team’s current tasks and future roadmap.
- Identify and assist with engine-related workflow improvements.
- Ensure client stability by diagnosing and resolving defects.
- You currently hold a Senior Software Engineer position or higher.
- A passion for helping coach and mentor individuals as they grow in their careers.
- A high level of organization and the ability to effectively monitor and drive forward ongoing initiatives.
- The ability to delegate tasks and effectively communicate with developers of all disciplines and technical skills.
- Proficiency with C++.
- Experience working in large codebases to solve complex problems.
- Experience with code and data optimization.
- Formal leadership training.
- A degree in computer science or revelant experience.
- Experience developing on console platforms.
- Shipped at least one AAA game title in a similar role.
- Familiarity with C#.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Albany, NY, Austin TX or Irvine, CA.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $121,500.00 - $224,880.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.