Lead Software Development Engineer
Denver, Colorado, United States
10 days ago
As a Lead , Software Development In Test you’ll embrace, implement and evangelize test automation as part of the fabric of the team. You will lead the planning and execution of the application testing phase (functional & non-functional) to ensure all software meets requirements before systems are deployed into production. You’ll also participate in the evaluation of emerging technology and tools.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced leader capable of guiding a team to success. You have a thorough understanding of software testing methodologies and development processes, and a complete understanding of the software development lifecycle. You have a fine eye for details, and excellent written and verbal communication skills that help to express thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise manner.
- Senior Engineer with strong domain experience who builds and implements scale-able automated quality assurance best practices.
- Partners with various stakeholders within the engineering organization to understand evolving automation needs and propose technical solutions to meet the needs
- Demonstrates Leadership by creating over system test architecture by using appropriate test instruments and tools and by coordinating with project management.software and support engineers to deliver stable enterprise software products.
- Responsible for configuring test automation networks and executing stability and performance tests.
- Ability to monitor, mentor, collaborate and continuously improve the effectiveness of the testing function and bring about improvements through insights gained via analysis at all stages of the SDLC/STLC.
- Drive towards Quality Culture by working closely with other technology groups (across sites) to build quality by ensuring proper test and code coverage, configuration quality, monitoring, early performance testing
- Proficiency in tools and tech with:
- Cloud/REST architectures
- CI/CD Tools like Jenkins
- Database experience - Sql/NoSql
- iOS, Android mobile experience
- Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes
- Extensive knowledge of cloud technologies, including the testing of REST services, databases, etc.
- Review engineering designs and provide plans and strategies for ensuring security, performance, and testability
- Ability to write clear and detailed reports and documentation.
- Experience with the Unity engine or other 3D engines and tools
- Experience with DeltaDNA, SOA, REST, JSON
- Experience with AWS, Azure or GCP
- Ability to use reporting tools to increase productivity (InfluxDB, Kibana, Grafana)
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.