Lead Software Developer
4 days ago
In this role, you will contribute across the Technicolor portfolio by designing and implementing 'enterprise scale' solutions that are supporting technologies which underpin our visual effects shows and pipelines.
You will lead a team of developers across several projects, including working on the future of packaging (software) and environment-build tooling for artists in Technicolor Creative Studios. This will include building the next generation solution for packaging and environment-build in Python which will run from a virtual environment on Linux, Windows, and OSX, and include cloud services, namely SQL database, graph database, and data warehouse. You will also work on defining and delivering our test automation strategy and help to build tools that support testing of our packaging software, applications, and environments.
- Lead a team to develop the next generation tooling for package, environment build, and test automation
- Work with leadership and project management to track progress, outcomes, and provide key insights on current initiatives
- Lead the decomposition of major work and the distribution of epics/stories/tasks across the members of the team
- Maintain existing tool-chain for package and environment build
- Troubleshoot problems across different levels of the stack, and in production environments
- Write code that conforms to company standards and exemplifies good design
- Work with and mentor members of the team to help resolve issues and solve problems
- Contribute to maintaining an authoritative source of documentation
- Drive best development and automation practices
- Participate as needed in interviews for candidates to join your team or who may be staffed to work on projects related to your domain
- Advanced degree of proficiency and experience with Python development
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Proficient working in a primarily Linux based development and runtime environment
- Expert knowledge of bash scripting
- Knowledge of source control, in particular Git, and associated best practices in repository structure and maintenance
- Experience building software environments in Conda, Docker, venv/virtualenv
- Knowledge of the standard data-interchange and configuration formats (json, toml, yaml, ini, etc)
- Understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Ability to work in a flexible and changing environment
Desired Additional Skills
- Experience developing extensible applications for Windows, Linux, and OSX
- Knowledge of build, dependency resolution, and compiling software across a variety of technologies and platforms
- Experience working with common build tools such as Make, CMake, SCons
- Familiar with cloud development on platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Comfortable working with SQL databases
- Knowledge of graph databases and graphQL and experience working with graph dbs
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD build and packaging pipelines
- Experience writing automation and testing frameworks in Visual FX and Game Studio environments
- Experience in Software deployment for global enterprise organizations
- Experience with building monitoring and reporting infrastructure
- Experience with networking, firewall, web technologies and security protocols
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law
Technicolor Creative Studios is a technology company working with creative companies across the world to help them produce their most iconic work. Our award-winning teams of artists and technologists’ partner with the creative community across film, television, animation, gaming, brand experience and advertising to bring the universal art of storytelling to audiences around the world. We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the film, advertising and entertainment industries, with some of our most famous projects including the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and 1917, and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony and IKEA.
With renewed efforts to harmonize the technology stack across Business Units, Technicolor Creative Studios is at the centre of an exciting modernization and retooling of its pipeline, continuing to push boundaries on scale, performance, and artist experience.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.