Lead Software Developer In Test (SDET) - Framework Dev
Culver City, CA, Plantation, FL (HQ), Sunnyvale, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland
11 days ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
You will be part of the team that is building the test automation framework for what we call the Mixed Reality- a beautifully realistic 3D environment visible in the real world. In this role, you will help develop building blocks of automation infrastructure and tests. The goal is to develop an automation system and develop automated scripts to test the software quality in a very efficient manner and empower a wide community of software engineering teams to build a quality product.
- Help the design, implementation and maintenance of test automation framework, Tools, helper functions and test scripts to test various parts of the overall software stack
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to junior team members with implementation and/or migration to appropriate systems and tools aligning to the overall test automation strategy
- Independently review all incoming features, work with development teams to devise appropriate test automation strategies and create an automation plan to develop new tests and systems
- Provide technical and architectural guidance towards the automation solution that supports Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Agile practices.
- Proactively work with various team to enhance automation coverage and functionalities and help other teams to be onboard with the automation framework
- 8+ years of development experience with C#, C/C++ and/or Python and embedded systems
- Excellent development and debugging skills, along with familiarity with Windows/Unix/Linux systems, shell scripting and scripting language such as Python
- Excellent understanding with HW/SW architecture and interoperability of complex embedded systems.
- Experience with some of the various areas of embedded systems, such as, Board level testing (e.g SoC, Memory, Power, Performance), Display, acoustic, sensors and camera, etc.
- In depth knowledge of QA and Testing tools, methodologies, terminologies and processes
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in fast paced and agile environment and manage multiple priorities on a daily basis to produce desired outcome
- Familiarity with web reporting portals, SQL, Reporting, Carting is a plus
- Familiarity with Machine Vision/Learning, Robotics, AR/VR, Game development is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude
BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.