Lead Software Developer, Games
4 days ago
The Unity Accelerate Solutions Games team is a group of highly skilled Software Developers and Technical Artists with deep expertise in the Unity platform, whose main goal is to help our customers improve their projects and internal workflows and assist them in the resolution of very challenging technical problems. To support them, we provide a series of short-term and long-term consulting and development services which can range in duration from one week to eighteen months and beyond. Our team works with various game developers to achieve their goals, like bringing Subnautica to the Nintendo Switch!
The North American team is experiencing high growth, and we’re seeking software developers with leadership experience to ensure our operations continue running smoothly. If you're technically skilled, customer-focused, an excellent communicator, and have a background in real-time interactive applications, this job will suit you!
Your day-to-day work will involve managing a technical team, ensuring that our active projects are on track, leading game development teams to achieve technical excellence, scoping potential projects, and keeping yourself updated with the products we offer as part of the Unity ecosystem.
As we’re a highly distributed team, the role may involve occasional travel to other Unity offices in order to meet your reports. Occasionally, you’ll also be required to travel to customers’ offices, primarily within North America.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage your direct reports to grow their technical skills and careers, and ensure they have everything they need to be successful in their roles
- Leading technical teams to meet project deliverables with engineering excellence
- Provide assistance to our business development teams and engage with prospective customers who are interested in hiring our services
- Collaborate with other Engineering Leads to balance and prioritize team workload, ensuring that everyone is conducting meaningful work
- Thoroughly scope and plan incoming opportunities and projects
What we’re looking for
- Engineering background in the development of real-time interactive applications (games, simulations, scientific visualization, architecture, manufacturing, etc)
- Experience of managing a small team of software developers
- Experience in shipping multiple games, including a solid understanding of software development lifecycles
- Fluent in written and spoken English, and able to communicate ideas and technical knowledge clearly via written reports
- Comfortable when it comes to interacting and explaining ideas to customers and executives that don’t possess an engineering background.
You might also have
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
- Experience as a Pre-sales Engineer and/or Solutions Architect
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.