Senior/Lead UX Designer (New Mobile Game)
Minsk, City of Minsk, Belarus
9 months ago
Minsk studio of Wargaming Mobile, responsible for World of Tanks Blitz development and operations, is looking for a Senior/Lead UX Designer to work on an exciting new multiplayer hero shooter with a third-person view targeting a worldwide mobile audience.
Our game is built on a game as a service model, to deliver content to our community for years to come and use some elements of MOBA gameplay.
You will design and develop a brand-new gaming experience together with an awesome multicultural team, combining experienced western design leadership, World of Tanks Blitz veterans, and top-class CIS talent.
We are happy to consider candidates worldwide. We are quite flexible with regard to different locations: the core international team is based in Minsk - so the vacancy presupposes relocation to Minsk, however, start from remote, employment in Moscow or Berlin with business trips to Minsk is also possible!
Anyway, we’d love to have you be a part of the team here in Minsk. You don't need to worry about the process of relocation itself. The company has a well-developed relocation program http://gotominsk.wargaming.com/en/
Are you up for the challenge? Send your portfolio with current live gaming examples!
What will you do?
- Conceptualize and implement the design of in-game menus and user interfaces
- Create wireframes, flows, logic trees for player experience and menus
- Align with Leads from Art, Game Design and Development, to set the goals for the User Interface team
- Translate game ideas into reality through user interface while utilizing all the strengths of the mobile platforms
- Communicate concepts and designs to stakeholders in your team and key decisions makers
- Own, design and implement UI-based features, improving the player experience through usability and immersion
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years’ experience in UX design with a strong portfolio that includes current live gaming examples
- Experience designing interactive systems and interfaces
- Ability to deliver interactive prototypes
- Experience working with Unity, Unreal or similar multiplatform engines
- Ability to communicate to stakeholders on multiple levels
- A creative approach to problem solving
- A willingness to own your ideas from conception to execution
- A team player with an ability to adapt and share ideas with team members to find the best possible solution
- Cross-genre knowledge and a passion for multiplayer shooter games
- Experience in delivering games built for varied cultures, languages and accessibility channels
- Strong sense of ownership over solutions
- Intermediate of higher level of English: enough to pass job interview, enough to participate in daily meetings and discussions with English-speaking colleagues in your team.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Ability to work with 3D tools (3ds Max, etc.)
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and offices spread all over the world. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!