Lead / Senior Backend Engineer Generalist (Contractor) - Creative Play
13 days ago
The creative play project are looking for a Senior Backend Generalist (Contractor) to join us asap until end of 2023, with possible extension into 2024!
As a Senior Backend Engineer Generalist in the Creative Play project you will be an enabler, creating building blocks for current and future state of the art games.
You will participate in the whole tech stack, from databases and service layers, down to the game engine integrations, but also play a crucial part in making day to day work flow smoothly for your team members.
Even though you’re a backend engineer you’ll be invited to participate in various parts of our game development process. We build this together!
In this role, your responsibility would not only be development and leadership within backend & infrastructure development, but can include data, telemetry, and machine learning - all glued together in the heart of creative play. Welcome to Embark!
Example of responsibilities
- Co-lead collaboration and planning in feature team
- Build service frameworks and tools based on existing open source crates, as well as our own in-house framework and libraries.
- Rust programming
- Participate in planning/roadmap-making and technical decisions for our platform
- Produce and review high quality code for future games
- Interact between distributed teams and domains to ensure we follow best practices
We would love if you have
- A passion for enabling other game makers to create
- Experience in Rust, C++ or other modern programming languages
- Extended backend development experience
- Jumped between domains - you want to learn more about a lot!
- A solid experience of cloud infrastructure and build and deployment tools such as kubernetes and docker
- Professional English communication skills.
- Experience with working as a contractor, proven focused and efficient also when at shorter assignments.
As you'll be working with our European colleagues it'd be nice if you are stated in a similar time zone! (UTC/GMT +2 hours)
We welcome people of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability. Please apply with confidence.
We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this gig doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our " Open Application. "
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.