Lead SDET - Epic Game Store
5 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What we do
The Epic Games Store is developing an innovative platform which provides scalable tools and services to game developers. We’re making it easier and faster for developers to successfully launch, operate, and scale high-quality games to the Epic Games Store platform. As a game developer ourselves, we understand how to tackle hard problems and are sharing the fruits of our labor with others in the development community.
What you’ll do
We are looking for teammates who are passionate about upstream technical testing while developing tools, automation, and capacity engineering to raise the quality bar while advancing your technical capabilities and knowledge. You are a QA expert and developer who thrives and excels at delivering results at-scale. Your vision and hands-on approach will continually maintain a high-quality, “testable software” mentality at Epic Games.
- Passion for all-things QA
- Experience architecting and leading innovative, complex web automation solutions
- Experience collaborating with a variety of strategic stakeholders to bring a product vision to life
- CI / CD experience
- Deep knowledge of OOP
- Experience with cloud technologies (we use AWS)
- Understanding of relational and NoSQL databases
In this role, you will
- Design - Be a vision holder for maintaining a “testable software” mentality at Epic Games. Design or extend automation frameworks and tools as necessary to meet product needs.
- Automate - Identify opportunities for creating and leveraging automation across Epic Games, upstream technical testing of implementations, and create tools and test harnesses.
- Collaborate - Work with software engineers to ensure features are written as testable units, and mentor junior SDETs and QA analysts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.