Lead Resource Analyst (12m FTC)
27 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As a Lead Resource Analyst within our Quality Assurance (QA) department, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient allocation and utilisation of resources for our projects. The multifaceted position blends the responsibilities of a Resource Coordinator and a Business Analyst, focusing on optimising resource allocation processes, monitoring project progress, and providing valuable insights to enhance the overall effectiveness of our QA operations.
All employees are expected to foster an environment consistent with Sony’s values through communication, collaboration, inclusion, and innovation, influencing others to do the same.
Clarity and Energy | Listens | Communicates with Confidence | Shares | Keeps Everyone Informed
Creates | Flexible | Considers Alternatives | Curious | Takes Risks | Improves Status Quo | Explores
Builds Relationships | Values Others | Works Well as Part of Broader SIE (Sony Interactive Entertainment) Team | Belonging | Team Spirit
Sensitive | Encourages | Solicits Feedback | Contributes | Trust | Welcoming | Diversity
What you will be doing:
Resource Allocation and Coordination:
- Collaborate with QA Managers and Test Leads to understand project requirement and resource needs.
- Utilize MS Office, ServiceNow, Tableau and other relevant tools to allocate and schedule flexible resources effectively.
- Continuously monitor resource availability and adjust allocations as necessary to meet project deadlines and needs.
Resource Forecasting and Planning:
- Create long term resource forecasts based on historical data.
- Work closely with stakeholder to forecast resource demands for upcoming projects and initiatives.
- Develop resource plans and provide recommendations for hiring, onboarding, or outsourcing additional resources when needed.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Gather and analyze data related to resource utilization, project progress and QA department performance.
- Create detailed reports and dashboards to provide insights and facilitate data-driven decision-making.
- Provide recommendations and analysis for specific teams and titles (providing regional/global analytics and creating what-if scenarios)
- Identify opportunities to streamline resource allocation processes, improve resource utilization, and enhance overall efficiency.
- Continuously review processes for redundancies and opportunities for improvement.
- Implement best practices and standardize resource management procedures.
- Identify team skill gaps and provide recommendations for training.
- Expand team’s service catalogue by identifying gaps and demand shaping.
- Maintain clear and open communication channels with Senior Leadership, Managers, Test Leads, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Create executive level presentations to explain resource status and strategies.
- Proactively address resource allocation challenges and seek solutions collaboratively.
Quality Assurance Support:
- Assist in QA process improvement initiative by analyzing data and identifying areas for optimization.
- Contribute to the development of QA strategies and methodologies.
- PlayStation Studios QA Management and Test Teams
- Business Systems and Services
Relevant Skills, knowledge, and experience:
- 3+ years experience in a resource management or similar role.
- Proven experience in business analysis with resource coordination understanding or a related role withing the gaming industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years of experience in Business Administration, Project Management, or a related field.
- Proficiency in MS Office pack, ServiceNow, Tableau and other project management & Data Visualisation tools.
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of QA processes and methodologies is advantageous.
- Ability to work within a team, both in person and virtually.
- Willingness to adapt and adopt new processes and functions
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.