Lead Render Wrangler
19 days ago
As a Digital Resource Administrator - LEAD in the Technical Resource Management (TRM) team, you will be responsible for serving as the liaison for technical resources, rendering and data pipeline information between Production, CG Supervisors, Artists and Technical support staff and is responsible for tracking and managing all digital information through the CG pipeline.
The TRM department is made of a technical multi-disciplinary team that oversees the operational management of all the technical resources used by our production departments. That includes compute, storage, bandwidth or software licenses usage.
What you tell your friends you do
“I manage thousands of servers to help create Oscar winning effects for the latest movies or tv shows.”
What you will really be doing
- Understanding of meeting the project goals while monitoring the render farm’s health status on a regular basis
- Maximizing the render farm’s resources, monitoring rendering and make the required corrections when needed
- Troubleshooting and monitor infrastructure and render farm issues, escalate problems to the respective teams.
- Analyzes production resource usage trends and anticipates upcoming requirements to ensure the most efficient use of digital resources.
- Proactively works with Production and Technology to build consensus, recommend, determine and ultimately implement/operationalize appropriate policies and procedures around digital resource management.
- Support in the supervision of the local creative operations team
- Proactively analyses data and render workflow to constantly look for and recommend areas to improve efficiency and responsiveness to production needs.
- Monitors and reports status to production and technology teams.
- Proactively documents solutions and transfers knowledge with team members.
- Work with internal Software Development teams and Technology infrastructure team to drive improvements of the systems/services within the team's scope.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- In depth knowledge of the lifecycle of a VFX show
- Previous working experience in Linux is a must
- Basic knowledge on scripting / Programming Skills (Bash/Python) would be added advantage
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Any Degree / 3 Year Diploma in Engineering / Film Production /Technical animation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience with wrangling render jobs with priorities in the queue system
- Willingness to work very flexible hours in 24*7 shifts rotations
Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
Technicolor Creative Studios shares are admitted to trading on the regulated market of Euronext Paris (TCHCS)
Technicolor Creative Studios is a creative technology company providing world-class production expertise driven by one purpose: The realization of ambitious and extraordinary ideas. Home to a network of award-winning studios, MPC, The Mill, Mikros Animation and Technicolor Games, we inspire creative companies across the world to produce their most iconic work.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our global teams of artists and technologists partner with the creative community across film, television, animation, gaming, brand experience and advertising to bring the universal art of storytelling to audiences everywhere.