Lead Release Manager
7 days ago
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
As the Lead Release Manager, you would facilitate and manage the release of multiple games at any one time. You will be a crucial driver in ensuring consistent build delivery and, as a result, the best possible player experience.
You will have a significant impact owning all pre- and post-launch activities. The work you do to drive the seamless delivery of the game to our players will provide memorable, lasting and meaningful player experiences. This role can be based in any of our studio locations worldwide, or 100% remote if you would prefer.
While we think that the below experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Areas of Impact
- Coordinate all game-related release activities from pre- to post-launch, ensuring continuous delivery against our product goals - including pre-launch war room activities, creation and execution of release checklists, building live dashboards to monitor infrastructure and game health, triaging issues, communicating with stakeholders on launch status and game health, driving improvements to the release process, incident reporting, and coordinating maintenance and downtime.
- Own the delivery of an approved build into players’ hands by ensuring distribution platform compliance, managing hotfixes, triggering builds to be promoted into staging, and coordinating special one-off builds as requested.
- Liaise with stakeholders across Improbable worldwide to understand dependencies, support coordination, and manage expectations.
- Document and own the launch runbooks including escalation and on-call policies.
- Other responsibilities relating to large-scale launch activities (betas, tech tests, full game release, etc.)
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Experience shipping products on a larger scale
- Experience with project management tools such as Atlassian Jira
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong stress management skills and, by extension, crisis management ability
- Experience (or strong interest) in the gaming industry preferred
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.