(Lead) R&D Scientist (Ubisoft La Forge)
11 days ago
- As an R&D Scientist in La Forge China team, you will define our research direction within your own area of expertise, narrowing down our focus to topics that advance public knowledge and help to create world-class games and technologies. You will oversee and develop state-of-the-art prototypes that bring innovations to players and across the company, in domains such as virtual characters and behaviors, digital content creation or systemic environments to name a few.
About La Forge
- La Forge is a bridge between academia and video game production, between scholars and industry experts. Dedicated to innovation, our mission is to accelerate research and development through prototyping based on the most recent academic progress. We help content creators to build richer and more believable worlds, while focusing on improving our players’ experience. We explore subjects such as rendering, animation, AI, audio, and physics.
- Define and develop our research topics within your area of expertise.
- Collaborate with team members and game production teams to develop prototypes.
- Communicate progress and share knowledge internally through presentations and trainings.
- Communicate progress outside Ubisoft by publishing papers and presenting at conferences.
- Participate in recruitments to assess candidates for internships and full-time positions.
- Stay up to date on the latest academic progress & industry trends in your area of expertise. Oversee and guide graduate students.
- A PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- A background in applied or basic research (in industry or academia).
- Hands-on experience with deep learning technics or optimization methods.
- Ability to lead research through standard experimental methodologies.
- Proficiency in C++, Python and frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras.
- Highly collaborative with excellent interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Good communication skills in English and Chinese.
- Curiosity, critical thinking, and resourcefulness.
- Motivation to find solutions to real world problems related to the video game industry.
- A track record of publications in conference like NeurIPS, ICML, ACL, SIGGRAPH, or GDC is a plus.
- Previous experience in video games production or a similar domain is a plus.
Benefits and Perks from Ubisoft Shanghai:
- Future of Work framework: flexible hours and up to 8 days of working remotely per calendar month
- A minimum of 15 days paid annual leave
- Monthly meal and snack allowance
- Premium medical insurance plan and free annual health check
- Game Package: free access to Ubisoft games on PC plus a rich and expanding library of games & books
- Employee Assistance Program: wellbeing solutions, emotional support, and life coaching
- 10+ staff clubs featuring weekly sports and gaming activities and events
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovative video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in the Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!
About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
As Ubisoft’s first production studio in China, Ubisoft Shanghai opened its door in 1996 and has been at the forefront of the Chinese game industry. It has been working on major Ubisoft brands such as Splinter Cell®, Assassin’s Creed®, Might & Magic®, Just Dance®, Far Cry® and Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™.
With our mission to leverage our presence in China, bring a stronger long-term added value to the group, 600+ talents from around the world have jointly developed a world-class expertise in development of open world and wildlife in AAA games, as well as mobile games and live operations.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.