Lead QA Tester
18 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Lead QA Tester
Sony Bend Studio, creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA title.
We are seeking a Lead QA Tester who will contribute to the development of a AAA product with a specialized focus on assisting with developing all QA personnel, aiding in product development through focused testing, and ensure proper test cases are followed to ensure a quality product.
The Lead QA Tester is responsible for managing the global testing of Bend Studio products. The position will manage the global testing strategy for the title as well as the assigned resources. The position is the single QA point of contact for the product globally. The general purpose of this job is to ensure that a consistent global test strategy for the product is implemented and clearly manage communication of issues and risk to the appropriate stakeholders on a global scale. This role will drive efficiency through consistent test strategy, test management, and reporting while at the same time providing our customers with a consistent service globally.
- Primary ownership and communication of all Master Test Plans for all assigned projects.
- Primary ownership and communication to primary producer and global stakeholders, ensuring that all outbound communication meets a clear standard.
- Performing consistent daily observation, research, and review and reporting of operations process adherence for current assigned projects.
- Consistent collaboration with peer group and applicable department teams to ensure alignment, knowledge sharing and the cultivation of innovation.
- Participation in yearly performance review process, helping to gather feedback and sharing it with their direct manager to support performance management on a global level.
- Working with team managers to understand individual team member growth goals and appropriate tasks. Escalate other personnel issues to team managers, such as not meeting tasks, coming in late, etc. for all assigned products encompassing Functional, TRC, Localization, Network, and Automation.
- Gathering feedback and data to create and facilitate a global facing post-mortem.
- Minimum of 3 years of QA experience
- Expertise in cross cultural business and remote team interaction and leadership
- Successfully shipped at least one global title (any platform)
- Demonstrated knowledge of and maturity in emotional intelligence
- Exceptional organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, and critical analysis skills
- Ability to make decisions within a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines.
- Passion for video games
- Must be available to work in Bend, OR
- Expertise in change management and conflict resolution
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, or TestRail
- Expertise or certification in agile production methodologies
- Experience in working with remote teams
- Experience with automation
- Experience working within an embedded development team
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.