Lead QA Tester
14 days ago
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our studio in Bucharest, Romania, needs a Lead QA Tester to lead a team of QA testers and analysts, ensuring a quality experience for our players.
Your Mission in Funcom
As a Lead QA Tester, you will be responsible for leading a QA Team for one of Funcom’s top franchises, collaborating with the other QA teams and with the development team to ensure a high-quality experience for our players.
You will plan, build, and organize your team to fit the project ambitions, timeline and needs. You will develop and mentor your team members to ensure their growth and help them reach high professional and quality standards.
You will develop QA processes and best practices for our AAA games, with a focus on automation, massive online multiplayer, live operations, procedural content generation and very large open worlds.
You will be a quality champion for the project.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Build your QA team & lead it through direct mentorship
- Build and execute test plans
- Be a gatekeeper for QA processes and standards
- Lead the qualitative feedback process from a QA perspective
- Integrate and represent the QA team within the development team
- Help maintain a good functionality of the game systems by developing an intimate understanding of them and their associated requirements
We are looking for someone that has:
- Passion for video games
- Clear, effective communication across teams and cultures
- An agile, quality-oriented mindset
- 3+ years of experience in the game industry working in a QA or related role
- 1+ years of experience leading/managing a team
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies and tools, video game testing standards, and the video game development cycle
- Passion for leadership and mentoring
- Strong analytical and problem-detection skills
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Open-world and multiplayer games
- PC and Console games
- Automated testing
- Creating and maintaining test plans for game systems and features
- Knowledge of SDLC, STLC and Agile development
- Test and issue management tools (JIRA, Testrail, etc.)
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Bucharest studio is a professional working environment with international work culture , currently focusing on Q uality A ssurance, with plans in place to expand to other areas of game development over time.
Working at Funcom Bucharest offers a flexible working schedule, flexible benefits you can choose from, well-being programs, and a lot o f fun social events where you can interact with your colleagues . Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games! You will work in a nice and cozy and central location, with a lot of facilities (proximity to the metro and restaurants) .
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive , challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and w e encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.