Lead QA Tester
13 days ago
JOIN OUR QA STUDIO IN MADRID!
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solvers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
SUMMARY: As a Lead QA Tester you will manage a team of QA Testers, coordinate test plan execution on pre-release versions of software to detect and record product defects and maintain a fluid communication with a global team. You will report to the QA Manager.
- Supervise projects through the various stages of testing and milestones of their lifecycle to ensure product quality. Develop and maintain test plans and other documentation. Ensure that all bugs are written according to our best practices and are correctly actioned.
- Manage projects’ progress, organizing the workload across your team, establishing and achieving deadlines. Keep all stakeholders informed, providing frequent reports and documentation to QA Management, Producers and Developers.
- Identify opportunities for improving the QA Department, defining new processes and refining existing ones.
- Oversee the QA testing team, managing the recruitment and training processes and evaluating staff’s performance. Mentor and coach team members to help them achieve their goals, providing valuable guidance and constructive feedback.
- Support Managers, Producers and/or Developers, gathering requirements, answering queries and providing all necessary documentation. Identify and inform of potential risks for the project and collaborate on issues discussion and prioritization.
- Manage production of all testing deliverables including daily reports, weekly status reports, test cases, test plans, bug tracking reports, final release certification report, RTM checklists, and post-mortem reports.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication etiquette in English.
- Advanced MS Office suite, Google suite and Outlook skills
- Familiarity with databases and bug tracking tools (e.g. Jira, Helix).
- Time management skills.
- Understanding of the departments’ core values and willingness to help create a positive culture.
- Ability to act as a positive role model for testers within the department.
- Adaptability, empathy and creativity solving problems.
Education and Experience:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Desirable experience of 4+ years in QA testing.
- Experience with team development.
- Comprehensive understanding of test cycles and processes.
- Bilingual / native proficiency in English, in both written and oral forms (C1 or higher).