Lead QA Tester - Leamington Spa, UK
1 month ago
At Electric Square, the worlds we create are crucial to our games and in delivering fantastic experiences to our players. Our portfolio includes ‘Forza Street’ and ‘Hot Wheels id,’ with ‘Assassin’s Creed VR’ and electrifying AAA console games currently in development and even more about to start! Together with 3 studios, 150 people, 8 projects (and our studio dogs!), we offer world-class projects with a unique studio culture to ensure our teams feel empowered and inspired
We can offer you an award-winning working environment with an employee satisfaction rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor. At Electric Square, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Electric Square is looking for an experienced Lead QA tester to join our expanding development team. We are seeking someone with good console development experience to help establish the QA process and pipeline for the development of this project.
The successful candidate will be part of the lead test team responsible for the day-to-day testing of the title and to work with the other leads to improve the testing process and practices throughout the company.
A Lead QA Tester at Electric Square:
- Works closely with the development team to highlight feature weaknesses and areas for improvement during development
- Enters detected defects into the bug database, gather relevant data needed to correctly debug issues
- Manages the production of all testing deliverables
- Oversees daily regression testing and smoke testing sessions alongside clients where necessary
- Oversees, maintain, and improve the bug database to best fit the needs of the project
- Establishes software quality standards for life cycle of the product in conjunction with the development team.
- Documents and analyse test results, make recommendations to improve overall quality of the title
- Works with the team to ensure performance targets are met on both Android and iOS
- Recruits and mentors QA team members
- Creates, establishing and maintaining test pipelines, processes and plans for internally developed features and content
- Works with the QA team to develop and implement new software/testing standards and procedures
- Maintains a hardware database to keep a log of all onsite mobile devices
- Manage external test teams and their workload
- Oversees build delivery on a variety of platforms for internal/ external partners
- 2+ years of Lead QA experience within the games industry
- Experienced project management and planning, on at least one mobile title
- Extensive QA experience, including setting realistic QA estimates and creating test plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A constructive and collaborative approach to development and testing
- Passionate about making and playing games
- Experience of working in Agile methodologies
- An exceptional eye for detail and pattern recognition skills
- Recruitment, training, and management of the QA team
- Consistently provide a positive role-model to members of the department
- The ability to familiarise yourself with game-play elements quickly
Please let us know if you also have:
- Associated Degree
- ISTQB Certification
- Experience with a variety of game engines
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience with compliance testing on all platform mobile and consoles
- Worked on a Console title in development
- Knowledge of test automation and automation tools
When you join Electric Square, you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether it’s participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked at one of Leamington Spa’s incredible eateries. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Electric Square invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as an Electric Square team member.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Holidays - 23 days’ annual leave entitlement including studio closure over the Christmas period plus all UK bank holidays
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays - An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Electric Square, up to a maximum of 30 days of annual leave entitlement.
- Generous Team Project Bonuses
- Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by AXA PPP Private Healthcare.
- Group Income Protection
- Health and Well-being Allowance – £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities, ranging from going to the gym, rock climbing, yoga and a lovely massage. It's on us!
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided under our Dental plan company scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Salary sacrifice cycle purchase scheme with tax savings through Evans Cycles.
- Tech Scheme - Over 5000 products available from to buy over 12 or 24 month payment terms, saving up to 12% on National Insurance.
- Electra's Beer & Wine Fridge – Free beers, ales and wine and even the odd gin and tonic! Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to!
- Free soft drinks to keep you refreshed throughout the day. Remember your sugar intake, though, folks!
- Free Electric Square Monthly Friday Team Lunch – Monthly Friday lunches have become a way of life here at ES. It’s a wonderful way to sit and enjoy a bit of food and drink together as a team outside of the day to day at the studio.
- Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
- Personal Trainer Sessions – Free gym sessions with our own Electric Square personal trainer.
- Fast Growing Studio – We're only getting bigger, so there's plenty of room for career advancement.
- Industry Conferences Budget – Many of our employees benefit every year from attending conferences such as GDC in San Francisco, Siggraph, E3, Unite, Unreal Fest Europe and more.
- Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Free Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console!
- Free Awesome Swag – Amazingly designed Electric Square T-shirts and merch, with the now iconic Electra emblazoned on the front. New ranges out every season.
- Dogs with Jobs – Electric Square is a dog friendly employer. Bring doggo into the studio to meet and hang out with the rest of the team any time!
- Exhibitions & Days Out – If there is an event happening of interest to us, we’ll happily spread the word, pick up the bill and see if any Electrons are up for going – we’re keen to get you everyone out seeing what’s going on.
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Social Events – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together.