Lead QA Tester - Brighton
14 days ago
At Electric Square, the worlds we create are crucial to our games and in delivering fantastic experiences to our players. Our portfolio includes ‘Forza Street’ and ‘Hot Wheels id,’ with ‘Assassin’s Creed VR’ and electrifying AAA console games currently in development and even more about to start! Together with 3 studios, 150 people, 8 projects (and our studio dogs!), we offer world-class projects with a unique studio culture to ensure our teams feel empowered and inspired
We can offer you an award-winning working environment with an employee satisfaction rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor. At Electric Square, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Electric Square is looking for an experienced Lead QA tester to join our expanding development team. We are seeking someone with good console development experience to help establish the QA process and pipeline for the development of this project.
The successful candidate will be part of the lead test team responsible for the day-to-day testing of the title and to work with the other leads to improve the testing process and practices throughout the company.
A Lead QA Tester at Electric Square:
- Works closely with the development team to highlight feature weaknesses and areas for improvement during development
- Enters detected defects into the bug database, gather relevant data needed to correctly debug issues.
- Manages the production of all testing deliverables
- Oversees daily regression testing and smoke testing sessions alongside clients where necessary
- Oversees, maintain, and improve the bug database to best fit the needs of the project.
- Establishes software quality standards for life cycle of the product in conjunction with the development team.
- Documents and analyse test results, make recommendations to improve overall quality of the title
- Works with the game engine to evaluate the titles performance
- Recruits and mentors QA team members
- Creates, establishing and maintaining test pipelines, processes and plans for internally developed features and content.
- Works with the QA team to develop and implement new software/testing standards and procedures.
- 2+ years of Lead QA experience within the games industry
- Experienced project management and planning, on at least one AAA PC or Console title
- Extensive QA experience, including setting realistic QA estimates and creating test plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A constructive and collaborative approach to development and testing
- Passionate about making and playing games
- Experience of working in Agile methodologies
- An exceptional eye for detail and pattern recognition skills
- Recruitment, training, and management of the QA team
- Consistently provide a positive role-model to members of the department
- A keen interest in computer games, with the ability to familiarise with game-play elements quickly.
Please let us know if you also have:
- Associated Degree.
- ISTQB Certification.
- Experience with a variety of game engines.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience with compliance testing on console
- Worked on a different platform development mobile / Console/ PC titles in development.
- Knowledge of test automation and automation tools
When you join Electric Square, you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether it's participating and relaxing with one of our wellness perks or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked one of Brighton's incredible pop-up diners. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Electric Square invests in. Below you will find all the perks you can enjoy as an Electric Square team member.
- Personal Trainer Sessions – Free gym sessions with our own Electric Square personal trainer.
- Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- In-house Clubs – There are lots of ways to socialise with your colleagues here! From day one you’re invited to join in clubs for D&D fans, board games, bouldering, drawing nights, yoga, cooking club – the list goes on and there is always space open for new members!
- Electra’s Beer & Wine Fridge – Free beers, ales and wine and even the odd gin and tonic! Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to!
- Free Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console.
- Free Awesome Swag – Amazingly designed Electric Square T-shirts and merch, with the now iconic Electra emblazoned on the front. New ranges out every season.
- Two studios in the heart of Brighton – Electric Square South is right next to the Royal Pavilion in an imposing 1933 building originally called Electric House, Electric Square North is in a contemporary space on the other side of the Royal Pavilion.
- Dogs with Jobs – Studio Gobo is a dog-friendly employer. Bring doggo into the studio to meet and hang out with the rest of the team any time!
- Exhibitions & Days Out – If there is an event happening of interest to us, we’ll happily spread the word, pick up the bill and see if any Electrons are up for going – we’re keen to get you, everyone, out seeing what’s going on.
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Social Events – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together.