Lead QA (Star Wars)
Austin, TX, United States
14 days ago
Zynga is proud to announce the opening of a brand-new game development studio in Austin, TX. The studio will partner with NaturalMotion, a Zynga-subsidiary, to develop a premiere mobile action game set in the Star Wars universe. The new Austin studio will collaborate closely with BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, and an award-winning games developer based out of Brighton, England.
This is a rare opportunity to play a part in the foundation of Zynga’s first action games studio in North America, and to make your mark on a brand new franchise in the Star Wars universe and the future of mobile gaming.
The QA Lead is a studio leadership-level role for our new team, supported through partnership and close collaboration with our QA Manager in the UK. In this role, you will trailblaze the creation and refinement of creative, effective QA processes and practices that support broad team operations.
Through effective relationship building and partnership with the Game Team and other stakeholders, you'll build an empowered, engaged team that is flexible and resilient.
In this role, you will
- Partner with our QA Manager in the UK to establish the right processes and practices for our new studio, and for cross-studio collaboration.
- Act as a conduit between QA, Production, and the Game Team, and develop a deep understanding of broad project objectives and specific team requirements.
- Drive end-to-end testing for both the internal and external test teams.
- Manage and grow a small internal QA team to support our live service, as well as new features and content. Ensure resources are led effectively against project priorities.
- Champion inclusive feedback and retrospective processes, to continually improve your team's effectiveness.
- Own and defend a high quality bar for software releases for our team, and our global community of players.
What we offer you
- Prior experience in QA leadership in games.
- Proven leadership in managing and directing distributed testing teams.
- Expertise with industry-standard testing and project management tools.
- A track record of leading progressive testing processes for large-scale games.
- Able to develop positive relationships and deep integration with Game Team counterparts.
- Comfortable mentoring and developing junior team members.
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.