QA Engineer Lead
12 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Insomniac Games is seeking a rockstar QA Engineer Lead who will be responsible for directing and leading the Development Support/QA Engineering team to design and develop automation features and systems for multiple games. Responsible for the quality of engineering, accuracy and timeliness of deliverables, and well-being of the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Supervises small QA Engineering team and participates in strategy and decision making as a member of the department's leadership group.
- Meets regularly with team members to offer experienced technical guidance, provides constructive feedback, conducts performance assessments, facilitates the team’s best work, and ensures adherence to best practices.
- Evaluates team members’ goals and objectives and ensures that department goals are being met.
- Manages the career growth and development of direct reports in partnership with Development Support Managers.
- Fosters a safe work environment by ensuring all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace are addressed immediately.
- Helps facilitate equitable work experiences across all work settings and time-zones for respective reports.
- Assists with project staffing, hiring, and onboarding.
- Builds and maintains relationships with peers and other senior leaders to align project and QA Engineering priorities and Road Maps.
- Advocates for studio cultural values and fosters an environment of craft excellence, collaboration, and inclusion.
- Works closely with the Quality Assurance, Development, and Core teams to assess QA automation needs and identifies areas where automation can improve QA processes
- Ensures sufficient documentation for the team’s area of responsibility
- Communicates with leads and other departments, as well as SIE Leads and QA members, to help support automation efforts.
- Contributes direct technical work, though never at the expense of non-technical responsibilities.
- Other duties may be included
Supervisory Duties Details
- Supervises assigned Development Support team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, input in hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; input in appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Education and/or Experience: Five plus years of professional experience or training, or an equivalent amount of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, along with working knowledge of Visual Studio. Knowledge of Jira (or other bug tracking system) required.
- Proficiency in Python and/or Java, as applicable to role. Familiarity with an application programming language (e.g., C, C++).
- Familiarity with automation platforms (e.g., TeamCity, Jenkins) for continuous integration/deployment.
- Must possess advanced knowledge of QA practices, the development cycle; bug tracking software.
- Advanced understanding of general game terminology; possess a strong attention to detail; may have prior experience leading others. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to effectively delegate.
- Must be able to present ideas clearly and work well within a large team environment, while supporting shifting priorities for the team.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.