Lead QA Coordinator - Social
11 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 160 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 30 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 2 million creators.
As a Lead QA Coordinator on Social, you will work with various teams (Friends, Groups, and more) to connect millions of people. You will be responsible for making sure the components and features we build satisfy product specifications and don’t compromise system stability or scalability. We are looking for a leader to coordinate testing with third party testers, partner with other Roblox QA, create and maintain automation, and work with developers and designers to ensure the highest level of quality for our users.
- An experienced leader , with 1+ years coordinating third-party test teams, experience in test automation or are willing to learn, 3+ years as a QA Lead, and 5+ years in Quality Assurance testing, able to prioritize and assign tasks, and train new testers
- Expert in your domain , able to apply industry standards and best practices, familiar with common issues encountered in mobile devices, consoles, Mac, and Windows, have advanced knowledge of QA tools (bug tracking software, test case management software, proxy tools, performance measurement tools, build distribution tools, etc.), and have created and run automated tests
- A creative thinker , demonstrating problem-solving skills to guide bug investigation and able to devise and implement comprehensive test plans for major feature releases and ongoing regression suites
- Strategic , demonstrating a sense of process to improve tester efficiency and facilitate clear communication between local and offshore teams, and an understanding of the impact of issues and time constraints on engineering and other teams. Able to identify key test cases to automate and propose automation framework, tooling, and other efficiency improvements
- Organized , with a sense of urgency in delivering high-profile results on a strict deadline
- Collaborative , with excellent communication skills and follow-through and able to coordinate with outsourced testers as well as local cross-discipline team members
- Dedicated to delivering high-quality software in a timely manner
- Manage outsourced testing for game and application software in a fast-paced environment alongside a passionate engineering team, building and maintaining our client applications on smartphones, tablets, desktops, and game consoles
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Engineering team members to devise test strategies, create test plans, and ensure that product requirements and testing instructions are effectively communicated to outsourced testing teams
- Author testing regressions to ensure full test coverage of features and their integrated use in the product and work with engineers to create automated tests when applicable
- Prioritize and assign tasks to outsourced testers, training them, and providing feedback to ensure testing is completed correctly
- Review and interpret test reports and results from outsourced testing groups
- Ensure defect reports are complete and detailed, reproducing issues locally as needed, triaging, and following up on issue resolution and fix verification
- Work quickly and adjust to the changing demands of our agile development process
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 30 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 160 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2018 and 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass