This job might no longer be available.
Lead QA Analyst - Merge Dragons
17 days ago
Gram Games is the studio behind some of the most popular titles like 1010!, Six! and Merge Dragons! We do things differently here: we work in small self-managing teams, enabling you to have an incredible amount of ownership, autonomy and impact. We’ll never ask you to abandon your craft and just focus on managing others or workload.
At Gram everyone is expected to have a razor-sharp focus on what creates tangible impact: impact on their team, impact on their work environment and impact on the overall company strategy. If you are motivated by autonomy, ownership & collaboration, this is the job for you.
As a QA Manager, you’ll independently own several features game’s test strategy and be the QA arm of an unreleased game, owning the end-to-end testing of everything related to the project. Fully embedded in the game team, you’ll be a pillar of great practice and knowledge for more junior internal QA staff. You’ll already have built a toolbox of manual functional testing skills to apply to new project challenges.
- Taking full ownership for the quality for respective features, releases or areas of QA.
- Creating test plans and test cases for moderately complex features for the game team.
- Planning QA tasks such as investigations, bug sweeps, retests, and exploratory testing.
- Creating non-functional test suites (performance, endurance, usability) as needed.
- Critically analyzing risks and threats and the testing needed to mitigate them.
- Participating in test design reviews and story grooming.
- Performing validation testing on resolved issues.
- Keeping up to date on advances in testing techniques and best practices and suggesting new testing tools to achieve desired QA goals
- Managing and working with external testing teams
- 3+ years of related experience working in a game studio as part of a feature/sprint team or similar
- ISTQB Foundation Certification
- Strong initiative and ability to pro-actively self-manage; always looking for new and better solutions to existing challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, backed up with a proactive approach to knowledge sharing and best practice.
- Expert understanding of software QA and games development practices and terminology (ideally in relation to mobile games or live-supported games).
- Previous experience with bug databases, preferably JIRA.
- Experience using a test management system, preferably TestRail.
- Strong experience taking part in sprints, being involved in planning, retrospectives and estimations
- Experience of QA within pre-production projects and prototyping phases
- Experience of Live Ops and Games-as-a-service projects
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canada)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.