Lead QA Analyst - Core Technology
East Side Games
Vancouver BC Canada
9 days ago
WHAT IMPACT CAN A LEAD QA ANALYST HAVE AT ESG?
Our Lead QA Analyst will be instrumental in helping design and execute on the quality and testing plans for our core technology team. Here, you will work side-by-side with our engineers and development teams to ensure the tools and technology we’re building for our internal and external partners is being tested to support the most dynamic and immersive features and games. You (yes, you!) have excellent investigative skills and a keen eye for identifying potential defects. You enjoy working in a tight-knit environment where your assessment of product quality translates into rapid product improvements; and most of all, you are an avid social media and mobile gamer. This is a full-time permanent position.
East Side Games has transitioned to a remote-first studio. This role is open to qualified people authorized to work in Canada.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Create test plans and test estimates for our core technology team.
- Provide risk assessments and coordinate bug triages with team leads and project stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain and execute test cases, test session charters and perform thorough exploratory testing.
- Reproduce and accurately report on any bugs encountered in our products.
- Provide detailed reports on test results to the Producer and the QA Manager.
- Reverse engineer potential cheats and game exploits, and work with the Software Engineering teams to resolve any issues.
- Monitor, assess and report on product quality. Provide input on ways to improve the quality of our games and internal tools.
- Coordinate day to day and long term test effort of the QA team with Producers and the QA Manager.
- Utilize in-house and 3 rd party tools to maximize test coverage.
- Track and update your assigned tasks daily in our project management software, Jira.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Champion the end user, and work with the design, community and development teams to improve the player experience.
- Partner with internal teams and product owners to understand product requirements.
- Participate in the hiring, training and mentorship of new QA hires.
- Establish and maintain a rapport with the members of the QA team.
- Provide direction and support for the project QA team.
- Recommend and assist the QA Manager in coordinating outsourced testing solutions.
*** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
WHAT YOU BRING TO ESG
- 5+ years of QA Testing experience, with at least 1 year of experience leading others
- Knowledge of automated testing and scripting to build testing tools
- Excellent understanding of quality assurance and software development concepts.
- Experience working in a mobile environment and/or web environment, with a preference working on SAAS products.
- Experience playing social and mobile games.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication.
- Meticulous attention to detail, specifically with reports and spreadsheets
- Task management and team management skills
- Experience using mobile test tools such as TestRail is a plus.
- Experience working with test automation, and automation tools such as Appium or Firebase is a plus.
- Programming or scripting knowledge is a plus.
- A passion for social & mobile games of all kinds, and experience in online game communities a huge plus!
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – a pillar in beautiful Vancouver’s gaming community. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined the narrative, idle gaming space with huge IPs that reach the lives of millions globally… And we’re just getting started!
Culture rules here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. We believe that you can steer the ship of your career, and we anchor through support, trust, and connection. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits ! We note that our culture is not a monolith, and is ever-changing based on the folks holding space at East Side Games.
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and will utilize the strengths you bring to foster your growth and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like everything you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together.
We can’t wait to hear from you!