Lead Publishing Producer
14 days ago
At IllFonic, the Lead Publishing Producer is the right-hand of the Head of Publishing and owns the publishing process of each of IllFonic’s projects. The Lead Publishing Producer manages relationships with our console partners, the submission/certification of each title and the overall schedule for each titles publishing process. They help remove roadblocks for developers, coordinate various meetings, mentor other publishing staff, and ensure that all partners (internal/external) are communicated with properly. The role also requires the ability to manage up and down to various staff members & Sr. management
- Publishing leader and owner of multiple areas of the project (like project set-up, certification, submissions for example).
- Scheduling meetings, defining meeting agendas and taking notes during meetings which are then sent out to the team.
- Work with our platform partners to mitigate risk, remove roadblocks & take advantage of platform opportunities to help the publishing of our projects
- Build strong relationships with our Account Managers on each console/platform
- Work closely with our MarCom team to schedule out/partner on opportunities (Trailers, Demos, Betas) that benefit our self-published titles and do not disrupt the publishing process.
- Build a keen understanding of the entire self-publishing process for each platform/console we work with
- Communicate out daily tasks, goals, and status to the entire IllFonic Publishing team. As well as, communicate up any risks and develop mitigation plans to offset risks.
- Work closely with production to ensure that the Development schedule and publishing needs align properly.
- Communicate out completed work and work with QA and/or department Leads to vet that work.
- Mentor other Publishing team staff
- Provide information to the Lead Producer and Director teams to help make decisions based on the data you provide.
- Be proactive and take the initiative to champion and advocate for aspects of the games publishing when needed.
- Be a spokesperson for the project to outside fans, stakeholders, and influencers
- Work closely with Production & QA to ensure game bugs are being tracked and closed as our games gets move towards launch
- Be a radiator of information and source of truth for the project
- Comfortable making difficult decisions and taking ownership and learning when those decisions are incorrect.
- The Lead Publishing Producer reports to the Head of Publishing & Business Development
- 5+ Years in a Production Role | 4+ titles launched
- Experience publishing multiple titles on various consoles and/or platforms
- Experience with the following software; JIRA, MS Office Suite, and Google Suite
- Highly organized and self-motivated with strong people skills
- Fast learner, resourceful and computer savvy
- Analytical thinker that can identify and break down complex problems to communicate them up.