Lead Prop Artist
28 days ago
At Turtle Rock, we make the games we want to play. We're dedicated to providing a collaborative environment where our team members feel empowered with the creative freedom to contribute and grow. While we are based in Orange County, CA, we support flexible work arrangements ranging from in-studio, hybrid, to fully remote throughout North America. Join our award-winning game development team and help create our next AAA title.
We are looking for a Lead Prop Artist to be a part of our Art team. The Lead Prop Artist will maintain consistency across the department providing direction and feedback, ensuring all team members understand their role in the department and know what is expected of them. This individual will work across disciplines to improve workflows and pipelines and set performance standards for the project. This individual will be exceptional with organic modeling and collaborate with other disciplines in order to support their prop and environment kit needs. This position will report to the Creative Director.
- Lead Prop Art team: maintain consistency across the department providing direction and feedback, ensuring all team members understand their role in the department and know what is expected of them.
- Lead team meetings and relay important studio information when required
- Work closely with department manager to provide mentorship and coaching for Prop Art team members including but not limited to: 1:1s, career development, performance evaluations, and goal setting.
- Communicate and collaborate with other disciplines in order to support their prop and environment kit needs.
- Managing and maintaining content both internally and from outsourcing.
- Providing feedback to outsourcing and internal artists.
- Working with other artists and disciplines to set the performance standards as well as maintaining those standards throughout the course of the project.
- Working with other artists and disciplines to improve workflows and pipelines.
- Mentoring and guiding other artists to ensure that content falls within performance standards, best practices, and visual quality.
- 7+ years game experience
- Stunning portfolio that clearly demonstrates expertise in the creation of realistic high quality assets.
- Highly proficient in Substance Painter and Marmoset Toolbag.
- Highly proficient with either Maya, Blender, or Max.
- Proficient with Zbrush.
- Exceptional at creating physically accurate textures.
- Expert in Organic Modeling
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to thrive in a highly collaborative, team oriented environment.
- Strong technical skills and understanding of modern game art pipelines.
- Plays games!
- Experience working with UE4 or UE5
- Shipped two or more game titles
- Can rig and animate simple props if needed
Some of the benefits and perks our employees get to enjoy, include:
- 100% Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage for you and your family
- 401k Matching
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Student Loan Repayment Plan / College Savings Plan
- Career Improvement Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements - In-House, Hybrid, and Remote
- Generous Time Off Policy
- Company Events - In-Person Summer Family Bash + Halloween Party + Virtual Events
- Fully Stocked Kitchen + Sponsored Food Trucks
The estimated base pay range for this role is: $135,000 - $180,000 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.