Lead Prop Artist
11 days ago
We are looking for a talented Lead Prop Artist to join our team and help make great games. This person will be required to work closely with designers, engineers and artists to create convincing, visually stunning game assets. We are looking for someone who can thrive in a collaborative environment where the whole team works together and where the goal is to just make a great game.
- Work with Art Director to build visual benchmarks and ensure artistic unity across game assets
- Work with the Environment team, Concept Artists and Designers to create environment props within set parameters in regards to design, performance, best practices and art style.
- Work closely with the team and ensure each person has the guidance and support needed to hit the quality bar and meet delivery dates
- Develop and expand the prop pipeline wherever possible and maintain best practices throughout the project
- Be able to both support and delegate to the prop team while working closely with leadership to make sure that each person is being used to their fullest potential and get the most out of everyone to fit the creative needs of the department
- 7+ years of experience in a senior or lead role
- Experience modeling and texturing using Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Stunning portfolio that demonstrates expertise in modeling and texturing, including hard surface and organic assets
- Strong understanding of physically based shaders and rendering
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to thrive in a highly collaborative, team oriented environment
- Strong technical skills and understanding of modern game art pipelines
- Strong work ethic, and ability to maintain high quality and consistent progress without constant supervision
- Experience working with UE4
- Team player and a positive attitude
- A passion for games
- Proficiency in texturing with Substance Painter and Photoshop
- Shipped multiple game titles on various platforms
- Experience with AAA First or Third Person action titles a big plus
- Familiarity with asset tracking and issue tracking tools such as Perforce and JIRA a plus
Some of the benefits and perks our employees get to enjoy, include:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Competitive salary
- 100% healthcare coverage
- 401k matching
- Profit sharing plan
- Generous time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Career improvement program
- Pet friendly office
- Fully stocked kitchen, sponsored food trucks, etc.