Lead Project Manager, Principal I
1 month ago
Job Title:Lead Project Manager, Principal I
Job Title: Lead Project Manager, Principal
Reporting To: Senior Director of Operations
Department: Battle.net & Online Products
Location: Irvine, CA
As a Lead Project Manager, Principal, you will be responsible for the successful intake, delivery, and support of first- and second-party integrations; serve as the main contact team for Product teams regarding project prioritization and status; establish and build strong relationships between partner teams; drive key strategic initiatives from initiation to launch across B&OP and dependent teams; and act as a champion for continuous improvement while working to maximize the efficiency, predictability, and visibility of our projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple product development teams through all aspects of the product lifecycle including planning, implementation, testing, release, and operations. By blending your project management experience with superior collaboration and alignment skills, you will empower a department of hundreds of Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers to create epic entertainment experiences.
This role is anticipated to be assigned to work on-site at an Activision Blizzard office. However, we understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Nurture a Healthy Development Environment: Utilize work systems that support effective, balanced, sustainable work while improving project predictability, individual and team agency, and product innovation. Champion efforts, activities and projects that build trust and collaboration within the organization. In partnership with leadership and HR, continually re-assess the team’s maturity and health.
- Manage Complexity: Provide regular communication (cross- and intradepartmental, internal/external, and cross-hierarchy) to ensure transparency and progress of projects. Cut through the ambiguity to identify the core issues (both procedurally and technically).
- Accelerate the Process: Communicate dates, capacity, metrics/results, and prioritization to make sure we are executing on high profile deliverables. Negotiate agreements that meet critical development and launch deadlines while maintaining positive relationships. Focus on delivery while keeping a vision to create a repeatable process.
- Drives Large Cross-Department Programs: Partner with colleagues on cross-discipline teams to bring together a unified deliverable. Develop and control deadlines, budgets, and activities associated with the program. Apply change, risk and resource management. Assess program performance and aims to maximize ROI. Resolve projects’ higher scope issues. Keep leadership and stakeholders appraised of the initiative status.
- Develop Work Systems & Drives Change: Work with a mindset of continuous improvement that uses data and retrospectives to guide our future processes. Identify gaps, inconsistencies and inefficiencies in our existing processes and tooling. Leverage creativity and problem solving to define new processes and tools that address identified opportunities. Build consensus and drives consistent adoption of new processes and tooling across the organization. Root out problems and risks, raises concerns, challenges convention, and inspires people to move in new directions.
- Proven experience managing end-to-end releases of a well-known software product
- Significant experience managing, guiding, coaching, and championing a team of project managers
- Experience in working within global teams and cross-functional teams
Knowledge & Skills
- Detailed knowledge of software lifecycle; software development best practices; project management methodologies and release management methodologies
- Strong understanding of the requirements gathering process
- Self-driven, with the ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love for collaboration
- Seeks out opportunities for improvement on a continuous basis
- High attention to detail with an emphasis towards measurement
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest
Join our Battle.net & Online Products department, where our mission is to “unlock the greatness of gaming together.” We are responsible for building and maintaining the home of beloved franchises like Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, StarCraft, Call of Duty PC and more. We develop experiences and technology that enable hundreds of millions of gamers globally to find their next premium game on the platform and play together in a fun and safe environment with their friends.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $134,320.00 - $248,404.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.