This job might no longer be available.
Mumbai MH in
16 days ago
About the organization
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs, The Division, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Rayman, Just Dance as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studio in Pune!
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you’ve got the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth.
Job Title: - Lead Programmer
Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
In Ubisoft Mumbai Lead programmer is responsible for guiding, mentoring team members to develop next generation multi-platform games.
- Lead a programming team at a technical and personnel level.
- Determine the tech needs for the team.
- Balance staying on top of the code base/tech
- Manage requirements and responsibilities.
- Help establish clear coding best practices and lead regular code reviews.
- Coordinate, mentor and build a cohesive programming team;
- Ensure the creation of strong technical documentation
- Work with the production, programmers, design and art leads to create task and schedule estimates for programming team and track development efforts across the team;
- Continually review the game and development process and identify areas that need improvement.
- 7+ yrs. experience in the game industry.
- 1 - 3 yrs. experience with cross platform development as a Senior Programmer or Lead Programmer;
- Experience of working on virtual reality game projects is big plus.
- Should be expert on at least 1 commercial game engines such as Unity 3d or Unreal
- Interest and experience in most aspects of game technology development (audio, 3D, animation, gameplay, UI, network and tools);
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++ programming and debugging.
- Strong understanding of multithreaded/parallel programming;
- Candidate should be self-motivated, with strong work ethic and excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to collaborate and work well other disciplines;
- Experience using one or more commercial game engines;
- Knowledgeable in refactoring and optimization when they are appropriate.
- Excellent code review skills
Ubisoft India is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.