12 days ago
As a Lead Programmer, you will be responsible for leading, developing, motivating and managing a team of programmers, as well as collaboration with the other teams on the project.
Your main mission:
- Lead and manage a team of programmers;
- Coach and guide the development of the team members;
- Share knowledge, motivate and inspire others to generate new ideas;
- Efficiently communicate and support messages and decisions from management;
- Plan, organize, follow-up and evaluate the work of the team and its impact on the project;
- Actively work with other department leads and facilitate the information flow;
- Identify risks and provide relevant solutions to complex problems;
- Estimate time to accomplish programming tasks and commit to meeting all objectives;
- Perform other related duties .
What you’ll bring as experience:
- 5+ years’ experience of programming in C/C++;
- Relevant experience as a team lead;
- Experience in games development and passion for games is a bonus;
- BA in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or the equivalent in experience.
What you'll bring as a colleague:
- Problem-solving and open-minded;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change;
- Autonomous and proactive attitude;
- Sense of initiative;
- Attention to details;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Working well in a team environment;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Good oral and written communication in English;
- Updating job knowledge proactively;
- Analytical and synthesis skills;
- Capacity to produce efficient software design;
- Being comfortable with debugging unfamiliar code;
- Enforcing coding practices on team;
- Passion for making and playing games.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games.
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.