This job might no longer be available.
10 days ago
We are looking for a
Lead Programmer for an unannounced project
We have just kicked off the development of a new game based on our own and new IP. Your role would be to lead and develop a team of highly skilled tech, engine, and UI programmers to ensure optimal and sustainable technical performance of the game. We are searching for an experienced technical lead who knows what it takes to release cutting edge games on platforms like PC, Xbox One and PS4, but the responsibilities can be fine-tuned based on your experience and interests.
We will give you the opportunity to join a recently founded team of game developers working towards high goals in an exciting period of growth. We work with state-of-the-art tools experimenting with the very latest technologies. You will get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, and work in an agile studio with a relaxed, yet highly focused atmosphere.
- Plan and manage the work of your team members and help them develop and reach their goals
- Take an active role in technical and architectural decision making
- Communicate and work together with other game development teams to facilitate information flow improve our processes
- Go hands-on with the code yourself when the situation so requires
Our dream candidate
- Has previous experience in leading programming teams
- Is proficient in C++
- Creates and enforces good programming practices
- Communicates very well with others and fosters team work
- Is the one making things happen in a proactive way
- Several finished game projects
- Experience on different platforms like Xbox One, PS4, and PC
- Experience in agile development practices
- Degree in Computer Science or some other relevant field
- Strong enthusiasm for games!
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space next to the services of the city’s biggest shopping center & transportation hub Tripla, within an easy commute from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it :)
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods. And that’s why we have flexible work hours
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on August 2 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!
This is a permanent position based in Helsinki, Finland, and requires working onsite.For this role, we are not currently able to sponsor visas or work permits due to the COVID-19 situation.
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 17,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.