14 days ago
Torn Banner Studios is looking for a Lead Programmer to manage the programming team. The ideal candidate is passionate about providing high-level direction, supporting a team of engineers, and getting their hands dirty with day-to-day development.
You are an accomplished engineer that enjoys collaborating closely with the engineering team to build a technically excellent game across multiple platforms.
- Lead and manage a programming team at technical and personnel level
- Provide estimate time to complete programming task/objectives and be committed to meet them
- Help in setting up best practices for coding and conduct regular code reviews
- Encourage and help guide the creation of technical design documents
- Setup a process to review the game on a regular interval during development cycle and identify area of improvement
- Collaborate directors, designers and production to ensure efficient development practices
- Ensure that solid coding practices, technical briefs and code reviews are maintained
- Maintain regular internal communications and encourage a positive and ambitious team atmosphere
- Demonstrate good leadership, enthusiasm and sense of commitment
- Take responsibility for recruitment, on-boarding, development and professional training of the programming team
- Propose solutions to improve the development of projects in the studio
- Maintain a strong understanding of multiplayer FPS games
- Proficiency in C++
- At least 5 years professional video game programming experience
- A strong and efficient communicator with excellent management skills
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- Previous leadership/mentorship experience, or leadership interest and potential
- A good knowledge of programming languages and software engineering practices
- Experience developing AAA titles on multiple platforms
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or other large engines
- Comfortable wandering around unexplored game design territory, and excited to help refine ideas into shippable features
- Previous experience as a Lead Programmer on a shipped game
- Previous experience in small/medium sized development studios
Portfolio and résumé required for any application.
Benefits & Perks
- Profit sharing
- 4 weeks Paid vacation
- A no crunching policy
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Weekly happy hour
- Healthcare & benefits
We're the studio behind the hit franchise Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. At Torn Banner we understand that long, hard hours are not conducive to being a happy, healthy person. Combine this idea with a flat studio structure and profit sharing and you've got ideals that promote a positive, low stress environment to help us create awesome games. As a small team of developers, each individual has a huge impact on the final product that we put out, so we put emphasis on being open with each other, giving/receiving critical feedback, and not letting an false sense of authority cloud our vision. The more eyes and input that we have from different disciplines and personality types, the better our releases will be.