Lead Programmer (UE4)
7 days ago
Lead Programmer (UE4)
Firaxis Games is seeking a motivated Lead Programmer to join our development team. We’re looking for an engineer with a strong foundation in software engineering who enjoys working on a diverse set of challenging problems. This role involves a significant management component and the ideal candidate will be comfortable working with a team of talented engineers to turn high level ideas into low level tasks. Firaxis is a highly collaborative and iterative environment. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to communicate easily and effectively with fellow coders, designers, producers and artists.
- Lead and manage a programming team at technical and personnel level.
- Find the ideal balance of management, delegation, and actual implementation.
- Breakdown and evaluate the work performed by the team and provide feedback for architectural improvement.
- Identify risks involved with the project and provide solutions to resolve complex problems.
- Collaborate with other teams (internal or external) to efficiently meet technical needs.
- Develop high-performance, robust, maintainable code in a cross-platform environment.
- Design and implement modifications, reorganizations, extensions, and optimizations to existing code base.
- Work closely with the entire game team providing technical, creative, and scheduling feedback.
- Actively maintain skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly proficient in C++ programming language.
- Comfortable with multi-threading, templates, and optimizing for size as well as speed.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience with multiple languages, frameworks and tools a plus.
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Self-motivated and passionate about games.
- Unreal Engine 4+ game engine experience.
- 5+ years industry experience.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use Firaxis.com or2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.