Lead Programmer, Online
6 days ago
With the Online programming team, and in collaboration with the Online Architect, you are accountable for the following:
- Prioritize and manage the programming team’s backlog
- Optimal programming team organization and programmers’ allocation;
- Code quality: code review, appropriate use of design patterns, best practices…
- Stability and performance (memory, CPU, bandwidth…);
- Training and improvement of the programmers
At the Project Level, in collaboration with the other Tech Leads, supporting the Technical Directors, you are Responsible for the following:
- Define and promote what the Next Generation AAA experience will be and make this vision happen on Liberty;
- Define the technology the most adapted to the project;
- Propose and develop the best tools and dev processes to guaranty the team’s efficiency;
- Identify project risks and the contingency plans to put in place.
- Show exemplary commitment and communication style, even in critical situations;
- Demonstrate leadership, charisma, enthusiasm and sense of commitment;
- Manage the performance of your reports with clear JDs and challenging objectives;
- Take the role of coach: inspire, motivate rather than directing;
- Encourage innovation and risk-taking and give people the right to make mistakes;
- Ensure the on-boarding, development and professional training of the team working with you;
For the Studio and the group, the success of the project is the main objective, success also means growing the studio competencies:
- Share experience;
- Identify and promotes the application of the best ideas;
- Collaborate with the other projects to ensure continuity and homogeneity of toolset and practices.
Key Performance Indicators
Several performance indicators will allow us to track progress:
- Stability of the game and the production pipeline
- Scalable features with minimal tech debt to operate the game on the long-run
- Technical performances (framerate, bandwidth usage, no memory leak…)
- Delivery on time
- Relevant risk lists with mitigations
- 360 survey and peer feedback
- Team health survey
- At least 4 years leadership experience and 10 years of game programming experience
- Excellent leader and communicator; able to motivate, influence, and inspire at all levels
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Excellent C# and/or C++ programming skills
- Experience of online services (i.e. guilds, matchmaking etc)
- Experience in scalability issues, stability and security testing of services
- Good understanding of Software Engineering principles
- Able to articulate a strong vision of technology as a means to customer value
- Relevant experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen consoles
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
Ubisoft Singapore opened its doors in July 2008 and has since become the largest AAA lead studio in Asia. We are proud of our expertise in naval technology and very excited to bring a brand new online, naval, open world IP to you – the pirate game Skull and Bones!
Our other notable achievements include working on every Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed II, and being the innovators of naval gameplay in Assassin’s Creed III, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Assassin’s Creed Rogue and Assassin’s Creed Origins. And did you know - Ubisoft Singapore works closely with Ubisoft Chengdu and Ubisoft Philippines as an Armada of three studios! We can’t wait to bring exhilarating and unforgettable gameplay experiences to you.
Find out more about us on our website: singapore.ubisoft.com