Lead Programmer (Mobile)
14 days ago
We're on the lookout for a Senior Programmer with Back-end development experience to join our team and help us design the low-level bricks of the engine, social features and multiplayers mechanics for our upcoming mobile title while leading our developper’s team and acting as a warrant for all technical decisions on the game.
What you'll do on a daily basis:
- Lead the technical design and implementation of core features for our current project.
- Be responsible for managing and mentoring your team of 4 gameplay programmers, providing technical guidance, and generating tasks to accommodate game design requirements.
- Ensure that implementation meets expectations and arbitrate technical trade-offs on problematic areas.
- Integrate Gameloft's online services into our games (Matchmaking, Leaderboards, Analytics, Monitoring, ...)
- Work on the Online stack and Multiplayer gameplay
- Help develop additional online and back end services
Who you'll interact with: You will be part of the Game Lab leadership team, working closely with the Lead Producer and the Lead Game Designers to make sure we reach the best decisions for all technical aspects of our game. You will report directly to our Chief Creative Officer and work closely with other technical leads and support teams throughout Gameloft to make sure we stay at the forefront of technological advances in the gaming industry.
Who you are:
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Experienced with project management tools with good organization skills
- Eager to mentor, with strong teamwork and leadership skills
- Rigorous and problem solving mindset as well as proactive thinking
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in game development (particularly in multiplayer games)
- Solid understanding of C#, modern C++, and other modern languages
- Scripting with Python or Bash
- Experience with Unity and/or other engines
- Experience with Git, Perforce or other version-control systems
- You have worked on both back-end and front-end
- Expertise on one of the following is a plus:
- Online & Multiplayer
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written) is required, and proficiency in French is a plus.
Nice to have: experience working with Cloud technologies
Why Join the Game Lab?
- Be part of a human-sized team, working on innovative mobile projects in the F2P industry
- Join a diverse and talented team of professionals from around the world, working together to create unforgettable gaming experiences
- Enjoy a wonderful working environment in the heart of Paris, with cool offices and flexible working arrangements (2 days remote per week)
- Benefit from access to learning materials (GDC vault, etc.), lunch vouchers, competitive health insurance, and more!
You are passionate about creating unforgettable gaming experiences, curious about new technologies and eager to try and integrate them into games? Then the Game Lab team is made for you!
Our human-sized team is made of 20 talented professionals, all working together to create a culture of creativity, collaboration, and innovation. Our focus on quality and player satisfaction drives us to make games that our players love and we're proud to work on.
If you're ready to join us on our journey, let's create something great together!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.