Lead Programmer - Assassin’s Creed [VR] for the Oculus platform (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf NRW de
10 days ago
We are looking for a Lead Programmer (f/m/d) to lead the Düsseldorf team to deliver the content on time and quality.
In this role and as part of one global team you lead the Düsseldorf programming team. Reporting to the Senior producer, you work closely with your team to support them driving the development of different features. You will oversee the architecture of various game relevant systems, as well as fostering a good climate within the team to enable people and invest in their development. You will be working closely with the technical director, other leads and people from different disciplines, using agile methodologies to drive the work and create an outstanding AAA VR game experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of interdisciplinary programmers
- Mentor, manage and regularly review team members to continue building a cohesive and effective team
- Foster a healthy collaboration of the various programming groups within the team together with the project leadership group and the technical director
- Spearhead the design and development of architecture and features within the mandates scope
- Work with the production, programmers, design and art leads to create task and schedule estimates for programming team and track development efforts across the team;
- Identify risks and opportunities presented during the development and provide solutions to resolve potentially complex problems
- Gather feedback and evaluate the work performed by team, analyse their impact on the project, and help them use this information to improve and grow.
- Participate in the hiring and interview processes for programmers
- Establish and maintain a healthy team spirit with open communication, constructive feedback culture, with ambition and empowerment within the Düsseldorf team and across the studios.
- 8+ years of development experience and shipped at least two AAA titles
- Experience leading a team
- Master, Bachelor or equivalent in computer science or engineering
- Experience in development for PC VR (preferred), console and mobile (desirable)
- Strong programming skills in Unity/C# (required) and C++ (preferred)
- Proficient in refactoring and optimizing existing systems
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of multi-threaded principles
- Ability to work efficiently with a large, existing code base
- Knowledge of low-level system architecture
- Comfortable planning tasks and dependencies for yourself and team members.
- Knowledge of software development environments and associated tools. (i.e. Visual Studio, Perforce, JIRA...)
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written (as English is our business language in the studio.)
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Be a team player
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
- Friendly, Open Multi-cultural Work Environment.
The application must include your resume, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers” and many more.
We are creating a brand-new team to work on an unannounced AAA VR project. As Lead Programmer you will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft’s great IP’s, developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR!
This position will be located at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany).