This job might no longer be available.
Lead Product Manager
Irvine, CA, United States
5 months ago
Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC? Then, let us introduce ourselves. We are MobilityWare and we make fun for a living! Our mobile games have been rocking the app store since its inception and we regularly show up in top lists for most popular games. We recently reached over 350 million downloads across our portfolio of games!
We've been voted 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! Headquartered in Irvine, CA., our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, FreeCell, Destination Solitaire and Spider Solitaire, to name a few. Our vision is to create the most exciting mobile games and have fun doing it.
The Lead Product Manager is responsible for product monetization and development support for one or more new or existing games in our portfolio. Specifically, this position will lead one or more of our games in the puzzle suite. The Lead Product Manager is directly responsible for creating and executing the product roadmap as well as for the game(s) performance, from providing ad inventory to IAP revenue.
The Lead Product Manager will be responsible for driving increases in game performance and revenue across the mobile portfolio focusing on monetization, retention, engagement and virality. Working collaboratively with producers, game designers, and marketers, the Lead Product Manager will develop, drive and oversee new strategies to ensure the growth of games(s) and the overall bottom line.
The Lead Product Manager oversees individual Product Managers and creates a unified vision through data analysis that drives product performance.
- Work with game designers and producers at product conception and throughout production to shape and thoroughly document the monetization strategy, including feature sets, in-game products, purchasing drivers, pricing, and most importantly, success metrics.
- Use data to make regular adjustments to gameplay variables, in-game economy, and pricing to maximize the lifetime value of each user.
- Leverage business intelligence, user analytics, and quantitative analysis to monitor game health performance and identify and prioritize product features that will increase monetization via improved conversion and retention.
- Identify key monetization metrics and produce dashboards to monitor game performance.
- Brief the entire product team regularly on key learnings and new insights that can be applied more broadly to products in development.
- Develop, document, and roll-out procedures for associate product managers and game producers to monitor the health and performance of their products.
- Build strong relationships with game production and marketing teams to collaboratively influence game design, roadmap, and promotions in the interest of monetization.
- Analyze competitive landscape and become the team’s expert on industry trends (including competitive gambling products, free-to-play monetization tactics, and noteworthy play patterns) to promote disruptive thinking.
- Minimum 7 – 10 years hands-on production experience in Product Management, Marketing or Data Analysis (Online, Console or Mobile).
- Highly analytical with strong organizational skills
- Prior experience in an industry with short implementation cycles preferred
- Excellent understanding of statistics and the ability to confidently translate business intelligence into compelling and actionable recommendations
- Up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play business model and landscape
- Strong relationship and influencing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present ideas
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and logistics efficiently and effectively
- Extensive Game Design and Digital Product Development
- Excellent understanding of the Mobile Game market (Platforms & Trends).
- Excellent understanding of different business models in mobile games today.
- Personal experience playing Mobile games
- Strong experience with Live Support for games (Online or Mobile)
- Must be able to work well with others and to effectively manage others for execution results.
- Ability to work independently, to meet tight deadlines under pressure and to handle multiple duties at once while staying organized.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (Business, Economics, etc.)
- Advanced business degree (MBA, MS Analytics, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with both Macintosh and PC computers required.
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Results oriented, Self-motivated and disciplined.
- Able to multi-task like a pro.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude
- Strong team player w/ good people skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to take direction
- Problem Solver and self-starter who can take accountability and ownership of projects from start to finish
Why You should Work For Us
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free drink, free Annual Company trip
- Casual workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), Unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway
- Amazing talent: We've got some heavy hitters from the industry who embody both brilliance AND humility