Lead Product Manager, Mobile Games
25 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Lead Product Manager, PlayStation Studios Mobile
US – San Mateo, or Remote
We are looking for a Lead Product Manager to join a small but quickly growing team to lead one or multiple of PlayStation’s mobile game projects and help establish PlayStation’s presence in the mobile games space. This role will be part of Central Product Management and will own relationships between project stakeholders and execution of major initiatives on the projects. You will wear many hats and champion the efforts across the company.
Our ideal candidate will have a background in free-to-pay mobile games with a proven track record and deep passion for the gaming industry. You are organized, analytical and possess excellent communication skills and know how to balance art and science.
- Work with internal studios and external partners on in-development projects to ensure product quality and business outcomes
- Provide support to development partners across a broad range of functions, including project management, game design and live operations
- Provide clear direction, set measurable milestones, and help drive execution for internal and external teams during development and live service
- Define a process to appropriately evaluate trade-offs to manage project deadlines, expectations and presenting to senior executives and external stakeholders
- Contribute to PlayStation Studios Mobile’s strategy by conducting market analysis, competitive intelligence and defining mobile product culture
- Mentor and train junior members of the team and external stakeholders as necessary
Skills & Experience
- Experience as a Lead/Senior Product Manager in the free-to-play mobile space, with a proven track record of building and running successful games
- Experience across the game development life cycle, from concept to launch and live operations
- Experience working with diverse functions within game development and publishing
- Strong passion for games and knowledgeable about core mobile games and gaming industry trends
- Excellent project management, organizational, analytical and communications skills
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$162,200 — $243,400 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.