This job might no longer be available.
Lead Product Designer
San Francisco, CA, United States
1 month ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Lead Product Designer (PS Core)
San Francisco, CA
Who is a Lead Product Designer at PlayStation?
You are a natural mentor, a collaborator and a team leader. You are able to drive and inspire your team to deliver cutting-edge models, simple, thoughtful interaction and creative, elegant designs. You are confident in your pursuit of innovation and ability to bring others to your vision. You see complex problems as the beginning of simple solutions. You are able of thinking at an ecosystem level. You have excellent intuition but also understand the performance and business implications of your decisions.
You crave the opportunity to shape the experience of millions of users in one of the world’s largest game and content distribution platform. You will work hand in hand with a cross-functional team of best-in-class Art Directors, Designers, Engineers, and Business Partners to ideate, communicate and define our product experiences.
You will join our team in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district and will become a part of the global SONY design community. A group that celebrates the value of design, design thinking and design process. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a global team of designers focused on elevating the standard of design across the organization while and explore state-of-the-art concepts and technology.
Join us. Be Epic!
What We Need You to Do
- Gain a deep understanding of the PlayStation brand and services.
- Advance the overall quality and understanding of design thinking and execution across the team, while advocating for a User-Centered Design process.
- Mentor, lead and inspire designers to achieve outstanding work and innovative product ideas based on research and insights.
- Provide clear direction and timely feedback to the teams to ensure we keep moving forward on schedule.
- Maintain a forward understanding of design and technology trends and standard methodologies.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering, and Research in high-level strategic decisions to drive outstanding, innovative product designs and User Experience
- Actively contribute as a designer on products
- Execute in a fast-paced and fluid environment
What you bring
- BA/BS in Interactive, Visual or Product Design, Human Factors or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in a management or leadership role leading teams in interface, application and web design.
- 7+ years of experience building user-centered interactive designs.
- A strong design portfolio demonstrating thoughtful, simple and intuitive interactions as well as stunning visuals, with phenomenal motion, across various contexts: large-scale digital experiences, websites, mobile applications, etc.
- Experience with Ecommerce and web-based services and applications.
- Excellent communication, presentation, analytical skills, and able to clearly articulate your concepts and their rationale.
- Experienced knowledge of design tools (e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, etc.) for wireframing and high-fidelity mockups.
- Enjoy participating in user testing, heuristic analysis, research, contextual interviews, competitive and analogous research to help craft, guide and refine ground-breaking design solutions.
- Ability to work, improve and expand and improve existing design systems/components.
- Experience working with decentralized or global teams a plus.
- Experience crafting for a global audience in multiple languages a plus.
- Bonus: You have a passion for gaming.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.