This job might no longer be available.
Lead Product Designer - Off Console
2 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Lead Product Designer – Off Console
Who is a Lead Product Designer at PlayStation?
A natural mentor, collaborator, and team leader. You are able to drive and inspire your team to deliver world-class product design. You are confident in your pursuit of innovation, creativity, and your ability to bring others to your vision. You see complex problems as an opportunity for simple solutions. You are able to think at an ecosystem level and system level. You have excellent intuition but also understand the performance and business implications of your decisions.
You have an appetite to shape the experience for millions of users in one of the world’s largest game and content distribution platforms and can work hand in hand with a cross-functional team of best-in-class Designers, Engineers, Creative Technologists, Researchers, and Business Partners to effectively ideate, communicate, and define gaming experiences.
Join our team in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district and become a part of the global SONY design community; a group that celebrates the value of design, design thinking, and design process.
Join us. Be Epic!
What We Need You to Do
- Drive the future of PlayStation’s Off-Console experience, with a focus on mobile devices, PC / laptop, and tablet.
- Gain a deep understanding of the PlayStation brand, products and services.
- Advance the overall quality and understanding of design thinking and execution across the team, while advocating for a User-Centered Design process.
- Mentor, lead, and inspire designers to achieve outstanding work and innovative product ideas based on research and insights.
- Provide clear direction and timely feedback to the teams to ensure we keep moving forward on schedule.
- Assist in the planning, assignment, and balancing of workload throughout the team
- Maintain a forward understanding of design and technology trends and standard methodologies.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering, and Research in high-level strategic decisions to drive outstanding, innovative product designs and User Experience
- Actively contribute as a designer on products
- Execute in a fast-paced and fluid environment
What you bring
- BA/BS in Interactive, Visual or Product Design, Human Factors or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in a management or leadership role leading teams in interface, application, and web design.
- 7+ years of experience building user-centered interactive designs.
- A strong design portfolio demonstrating thoughtful, simple and intuitive interactions as well as spectacular visuals, with extraordinary motion, across various contexts: large-scale digital experiences, websites, mobile applications, etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation, analytical skills, and able to clearly articulate your concepts and their rationale.
- Experienced knowledge of design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, etc.) for wireframing and high-fidelity mockups.
- Experience with and knowledge of prototyping tools
- Enjoy participating in user testing, heuristic analysis, research, contextual interviews, competitive and analogous research to help craft, guide, and refine ground-breaking design solutions.
- Ability to work, improve and expand and improve existing design systems/components.
- Experience working for top brands/products a plus.
- Experience working with decentralized, large/global teams a plus.
- Experience crafting for a global audience in multiple languages is a plus.
- Bonus: You have a passion for gaming.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.