Lead Game Producer
4 months ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
As a Lead Producer, you will manage one or more of Skillz’s existing top mobile games, overseeing a cross-functional team to strategically guide User Acquisition, Marketing, Live Ops, Analysis, P&L, and overall game quality. You will be responsible for the team’s day-to-day efforts to scale the game’s DAU, increase revenue, retain players, and deliver high quality game updates. Your core mission will be to maintain the overall health of the game, operating it as an individual business unit within the broader Skillz ecosystem.
What You Will Do :
- Optimize the game’s P&L to maintain profitability and sustain growth
- Lead strategy planning and proactively communicate timelines to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage User Acquisition spend to efficiently acquire new paying users
- Direct live operations and marketing to drive revenue and player engagement
- Oversee player comms to build and retain a vibrant player community
- Coordinate with the game’s external developer to deliver world-class content and bug-free game updates
- Utilize analytics resources to understand KPI trends and adjust plans as needed to ensure success
- 5+ years of experience developing, launching and live servicing mobile games
- Deep familiarity with mobile game KPIs and general mobile market trends
- Experience overseeing P&L, Live Ops, and UA for mobile games
- A mindset that is highly analytical, detail oriented, quality driven, and proactive
- Can-do attitude, ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and continuously prioritize the team's efforts to meet shifting needs
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .