9 days ago
A Little About Us
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are embarking on an adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty
We are on the lookout for a Lead Producer committed to delivering a quality product to join our Live Operations team on a full-time basis. Reporting to our VP of Games/General Manager, this role will drive production across multiple titles (FishWorld and YoWorld) and collaborate on product, project, corporate strategy, and initiatives. This position will be offered remotely.
- Lead production for multiple disciplines and feature teams by creating production strategies that align with corporate goals
- Be accountable for the operational aspects of game development and technical product development including establishing a development framework, communication plan, risk management, and project plan development
- Maintain high-level planning documentation, including Backlog and Project Plans, ensuring they have been reviewed by the relevant teams and prioritized appropriately
- Collaborate with each discipline lead to ensure things run effectively and remove any roadblocks
- Identify and communicate project risks to the executives, leads, and QA team
- Build and track long-range schedules for game features and assets
- Work alongside other producers - Mentor, manage, and scale the production team to ensure that goals are clearly defined, blockers are cleared, and the general day to day operation of the team runs smoothly
- Guide the Production Team by performing regular 1:1s, setting expectations and goals, and carrying out performance reviews, etc.
- Communicate frequently with the production leadership and team leads on project status, risks, and opportunities
- Develop, maintain, and publish project KPIs that track project quality, delivery, and predictability
- Drive projects to completion in a timely manner, despite no direct authority and multiple departmental dependencies
- Help the team focus on issues based on a clear understanding of the studio’s strategies and objectives, while helping the team break down complex problems
- Participate in resourcing, recruitment, and budget for products
The Must Haves
- 7+ years of experience in game production, publishing, or software application development
- Have at least 2 games shipped under your belt
- 4+ years in a leadership capacity, having managed creative teams to deliver products on time (preferably in a Live Ops environment)
- Able to build, track, and maintain complex schedules
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills - be able to facilitate for and communicate with other Big Viking Games departments
- Knowledge of the software development, project management, and production processes
- Manage alignment, clearly articulate company vision/goals and product teams
- Manage rollout of company-wide initiatives
- Excellent attention to detail
- Drive efficiencies and new ways of thinking with a goal of increasing predictability
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple projects with Agile project management principles and practices
- Experience with project management software: Jira, Confluence, Google Suite, Microsoft office
- Free to Play Experience, Facebook or Mobile app experience
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives, Perkopolis)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% remote work environment
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited that you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.