Lead Producer (Multiplayer) - The Sims
11 days ago
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of The Sims , we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but strive to build a world as it could be.
Teams are building the next generation game and creative platform, Project Rene and reimagining The Sims that players know and love with even more new ways to play. We're excited you're interested to learn more about how you can join our team and dream big.
You will be reporting to the Senior Production Director.
Location: Remote North America - open to most North America locations
As the Lead Producer for Maxis you will…
- Define the vision and execution roadmap for creating safe, unique, and collaborative multiplayer experiences.
- Champion the experience of our social players to ensure the UX, art, and experiences exceed their expectations.
- Help define the strategic roadmap to add distinct multiplayer experiences to truly expand our products for social players. Coordinate with other Experience Leads to balance priorities and ensure alignment across multiple releases.
- Lead and mentor producers working in the Multiplayer experience group.
- Be comfortable with prioritizing features and scope, with an obsession for quality.
- Champion the cause of making multiplayer development a part of our studio DNA.
- Coordinate with design and Development Directors for vision kick off, task tracking, and milestone check ins.
- Create an environment for data-informed experimentation and iteration. Regularly evaluate features and coordinate team tests and feedback gathering.
- Aid leadership executive check ins and product milestone presentation materials. Present at team and studio meetings.
- Use a wide variety of proprietary and licensed tools and technology to test the software.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- 7+ years experience in a development team role.
- 3+ years experience in a production, lead, or design role.
- At least one shipped multiplayer product in a leadership role, or oversight of a significant multiplayer/social feature.
- Experience working in highly collaborative environments with multidisciplinary roles beyond production, especially engineer and experience design.
- Demonstratable experience in building/leading/improving high morale, efficient, predictable teams.
- Experience in early stage R&D/pre-production on at least one product that shipped.
- A background in User Experience or Multiplayer Design.
- Experience developing software for multiple platforms (PC, Console, Mobile).
- Experience in personnel management.
- Experience working closely with Experience Research and Consumer Insights to research and evaluate experiences.
- Experience in fostering strong hybrid/remote work environments.
- Experience developing games using the Unreal Engine.
- A passion for atypical multiplayer experiences as a player.
- Familiarity with the Sims franchise or life simulation games.
Visit us at: https://www.ea.com/ea-studios/maxis
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $131,600 - $213,300
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $131,600 - $213,300
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $154,800 - $213,300
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $131,600 - $179,600
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $131,600 - $195,200
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.