Lead Platform Software Engineer
Plantation, FL; Toronto, ON; Sunnyvale, CA
19 days ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing.
Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
Magic Leap is seeking a platform software engineer with expertise in designing and implementing public-facing APIs to enable the use of computer vision platforms. The role will support in delivering a public API to allow developers to use our platform to its fullest. This will involve working with the 3d math for integration with game engines, planning library releases and support, collaboration with various teams to deliver a wide array of sensor backed features, system performance analysis, and validation.
We are changing what it means to interact with computers, and what it means for computers to interact with the world, and need engineers who can work across different teams, on different projects, to bring together many components into a single whole. This role is at the center of the system, bridging the developers using our platform with the next-generation algorithms and technologies that enable our system.
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Fluent in C/C++
- Experienced with 3D Math used by game engines
- Experience with systems programming
- Highly performant and reliable systems
- Able to provide test plans and acceptance criteria for public-facing APIs
- Dedicated to building a positive and effective work culture
- Able to take ownership of and lead development on moderate components
- Experience with the Android Operating systems and its related technologies
- Familiar with basic game development, especially Unity or Unreal
- Familiarity with Computer Vision
- Familiarity with embedded systems
- Ability to collaborate with many teams
- Experienced with network programming
- BA/BS is required
- MS or higher is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.