Lead Platform Programmer
Cary, NC United States of America
7 months ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts is always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Lead Engineer to join the Fortnite technology group. You will be leading a tight-knit and highly motivated group of people supporting our engine and feature development across multiple platforms. If you're a dedicated leader looking for the opportunity to help build the future of Fortnite using Unreal Engine, we want to talk to you!
Opportunities within the Fortnite technology group
- Console, desktop and mobile platform support with a focus on performance and optimization.
- Building the foundations and future of Fortnite’s patching and content delivery systems.
- Expanding Fortnite’s automation and testing framework to improve overall product stability and performance.
In this role, you will
- Coordinate a group of highly skilled individuals across relevant supporting areas.
- Optimize engineering and content workflows across Fortnite.
- Work with multiple teams to collaborate on and solve complex technical challenges.
- Make improvements to Fortnite's development and release process across teams.
- Drive Fortnite to a stable position to be able to ship on diverse platforms for years to come.
What we’re looking for
- Strong programming background and C++ knowledge.
- Professional game or engine development experience.
- Knowledge of and experience using toolchains, build systems, development tools and platform APIs.
- Track record of leading development on tight schedules with complex technical requirements.
- Additional programming language expertise is a plus.
- Prior shipped projects with UE4 is a plus
- Someone who is user-focused and solution-oriented, passionate, scrappy, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
Our employees enjoy complimentary drinks, snacks, and lunches, and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!