Lead Platform Engineer - Unannounced Survival Game
7 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Lead Platform Engineer - Unannounced Survival Game
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created.
If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
We are seeking a lead platform engineer to lead the development of our service deployment and runtime infrastructure. Additionally, this position is responsible for leading the team charged with overseeing the health and maintenance of the core development infrastructure leveraged by the development team for the project. By directly managing a team of engineers and collaborating with project leadership, you will help define strategic initiatives and break down clear and achievable goals for the Platform team. When particularly hard problems arise, you'll draw upon the team's collective creativity to define and execute upon a technical vision that meets the project's needs.
We believe our team is good. Really good. Granted, we’re obviously biased. But we also believe there are lots of developers out there who can make us even better. You could be one of those people. If you’re looking for a team where inclusion, thoughtfulness, empathy, professionalism, and collaboration are all seen as critically important, we believe our team could be a phenomenal fit for you. Join us and help craft our future!
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We've transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We need help with
- Managing, evaluating, and mentoring the engineering staff of the Platform team.
- Developing and maintaining the operational infrastructure that supports deployment and run-time management of our game specific server services, both for on-prem hardware as well as cloud-based providers.
- Developing and maintaining internal automation, testing, and support infrastructure that the core development team relies upon for day-to-day development.
- Defining the project’s technical vision for the Platform department, collaborating across a diverse cross-discipline team to ensure that the engine requirements for the project are clearly defined and met.
- Partnering with the production staff and the rest of the leadership team for milestone planning and tracking development progress.
- Authoring, pitching, and maintaining technical design documents that outline key project architectural decisions, milestones, and technical risks.
- Championing Blizzard’s core values.
What you are good at
- Defining and architecting automated solutions with an emphasis on building, testing, provisioning, deploying, orchestrating, and monitoring.
- Leveraging and understanding application and deployment and managements technologies from Cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Understanding of current containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Software engineering experience in one or more of the following languages: C++, C#, Golang, Python.
- Understanding of modern DevOps practices including IaC, GitOps, immutable infrastructure.
- Understanding of service mesh, load balancing, message bus/queues, stateless services.
- Experience with load testing, observability and monitoring of scalable service backends.
- Leading high performing engineering teams.
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills.
Extra awesome points for
- Experience designing and supporting scalable, zero-downtime, high-availability systems.
- Working with CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins or TeamCity.
- Leveraging configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Experience in deployment technologies such as Helm and ArgoCD.
- Experience in distributed and scalable databases, such as Apache Cassandra.
- Prior game development experience.
- Experience Multi-platform expertise (Windows, Linux, Console).
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.