Lead Physics Programmer
14 days ago
At Build A Rocket Boy, we’re looking for a seasoned Lead Physics Programmer who will oversee large scale physics systems in our current and future AAA projects. You will identify required tasks and delegate work to the rest of the team while taking responsibility for progress, quality, and completion. You are a team player, work well with multiple departments in a cross-disciplinary team, and use your experience to mentor and guide other members of the team.
- Build and coach a team of physics engineers to increase quality of our tech.
- Work closely with other disciplines such as AI, gameplay, and engine teams to reach the vision of our simulation experiences.
- Explore opportunities to push the capabilities of our physics engine to its fullest potential.
- Develop new and maintain existing physics features; writing, reviewing, and rewriting high-performance code.
- Distil high-level feature requests into meaningful, actionable work-items, and being able to delegate to the team effectively.
- Collaborate with technical directors to discuss memory/performance budgets and system limitations.
- Help define the technical direction and develop innovative solutions for difficult problems.
- Mentor members of the team and help them grow as programmers in a collaborative environment.
- 5+ years of experience as a Physics Programmer in the game industry.
- 2+ years as a lead or manager of programmers.
- An undergraduate degree in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Proficiency in C/C++ & advanced mathematical and analytical capabilities.
- Strong understanding of multi-threaded programming concepts.
- Deep knowledge of internal workings of game physics engines.
- Experience with physics engines (Chaos, PhysX, Havok, Bullet, etc.).
- Strong mentoring skills and a growth mindset.
- Have delivered a full cycle AAA game as a physics programmer.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.