Lead Online Programmer
15 days ago
- Design and implementation of the required online solutions for the game, coping with the design intentions and the technical requirements to secure performance
- Architect from high level systems to low level performance tweaks in c/c++
- R&D of new technologies applicable to the game, in synchronization with the technical director, and compatible with all target platforms
- Understanding of all game engine systems to work with and discuss needs from other departments and participate on the generation of cost-effective pipelines for online
- Coordinate with QA, Build Engineers and the Design teams to define the best coding processes that balances rapid iteration with stability
- Coordinate with the rest of coders establishing programming guidelines, quality goals and performance budgets related to online functionalities
- Understand, plan and work on any required engine, online and optimization in coordination with the rest of the code team (engineers and gameplay programmers)
- Reports to the Lead programmer
- 10+Yrs Programming Experience (at least 3 in a Lead/Senior role and in UE)
- 2+ Shipped AA/AAA titles (at least 1 in a Lead/Senior role and in UE)
- Strong C & C++, real-time, cross-platform, client-server & p2p skills.
- Gameplay Replication experience, Player Authenticaton, low-level (TCP/UDP Packet) Comms
- Experience debugging multi-threaded Client/Server symbol-less systems in a run-time environment.
- Replication Frameworks for entire game / gameplay systems.
- Match-Making, Late-Join and Host Migration implementations
- Network Infrastructure & Optimization (preferably for PSN/XB eco-systems)
- Optimized Client Prediction Methodologies
- Optimized Packet Compression/Decompression strategies for games
- Exposure to AWS or other Cloud Service Provider technologies
Nice to haves:
- Exposure to Gameplay Abiltiy System (GAS) for Unreal Engine 4/5 used in an MP game
- Exposure to Epic Online Systems / PlayFab integration into UE
What we offer
- Attractive remuneration, holidays and social events. Our environments thrive with collaborative teamwork with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme.
- Flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Free games and merchandise
- Wrap parties for game releases
- Remote/Homeworking with flexible working schedules, a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming - forever
We are an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to building a diverse workforce, representative of the world we live and game in!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Accessibility is at the heart of our games and we reflect that in how we operate as a business. Should you require adjustments or flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at with us, please let us know in your application and we will accommodate to the best of our ability.