Lead Online Engineer - Raven Software
2 months ago
Job Title:Lead Online Engineer - Raven Software
Job Title: Lead Online Engineer – Raven Software
Reporting To: Senior Lead Engineer
Department: Engineering Department – Raven Software
Location: Middleton, WI
As Lead Online Engineer you will manage the team developing the networked experience in our titles like Call of Duty Warzone. This is a great opportunity to lead a passionate engineering team dedicated to delivering cutting-edge multiplayer games.
In addition to your managerial role, you will be directing and developing all aspects of networked games, including new and unique online features, game servers, security, operations management, and future online technologies.
Qualified candidates will need to have a background in developing networked games and online subsystems, as well as an aptitude for engineering management.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Leading a team of Online Engineers
- Mentorship, scheduling, and performance reviews of reports
- Develop, modify, debug, and optimize existing online systems
- Architect new systems used to network our games
- Participate in the code review process
- Co-develop and collaborate with other Activision studios
- Document software and features for internal and external teams
- Interviewing and hiring
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math-related field
- Background in online systems and networking
- 6+ years of experience working in the game industry or related field
- Shipped one or more multiplayer game titles in an online engineering role
- Proven aptitude in team leadership
- Proficiency with C/C++
- Ability to quickly understand and work with internally and externally developed code
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, readable, and reliable code
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for multiplayer games
- Understanding of network bandwidth optimization, packet loss, and latency
- Background with various network protocols
- Proficiency working in a client-server game architecture
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Understanding of various data compression techniques
- Experience with multi-threaded execution and related optimization patterns
About Raven Software
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen , Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast , Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty ® franchise. We’re based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We have a unique vision for our industry. One that has and continues to inspire us. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our own mistakes. We treat each other with respect. After nearly 30 years, Raven Software is still thriving. We developed a team who cares about one another, our games and our players. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are growing. Our team is creative, highly intelligent, well-led and equipped to face this exciting future. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Raven Software is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.ravensoftware.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ravensoftware, and @RavenSoftware on Twitter.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.