Lead Narrative Designer [New IP] (512)
11 days ago
The Lead Narrative Designer is responsible for the narrative features and content of the game as well as having to lead and develop a team of narrative designers with a focus on the three pillars of Leadership at Ubisoft: Care about People, Drive Performance and Development and Lead in Complexity.
- Utilise your experience and knowledge to guide team members towards creating quality and efficient delivery of narrative designs that are aligned with the vision of the Narrative Director/Creative Director
- Work with the Narrative Director/Creative Director to help establish the tone, voice, theme and style of the game.
- Help create narrative systems that can support the gameplay and liaise with Designers/Directors on ways that the two systems can best serve each other.
- Work with production, other team leads, and directors to help create task estimates and schedules for the team.
- Ensure your team participates in standard studio development processes.
- Define good practices and pipelines and ensure they are carried out through regular peer reviews.
- Continually review the narrative design processes to identify potential improvements.
- Be an advocate and ambassador for information sharing across projects.
- Be responsible for hiring future candidates within the design team.
What Will You Bring?
- An excellent understanding of non-linear narrative systems and structures.
- Strong understanding of narrative-related pipelines (VO, cinematics, audio etc.)
- Familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools (such as Perforce, Jira, etc.).
- Able to create, manage and help track schedules for a team of Narrative Designers.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of applications related to documentation (such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Confluence, etc.).
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
It Would Be Great If You Also Had...
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Passionate about playing and making games.
- Knowledge of narrative design and scriptwriting tools (such as Final Draft, Inkle, Twine, etc.).
- Familiarity with scripting and/or programming tools.
- Presentation and pitching skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience leading and guiding a team through a project’s life cycle.
- Degree in Narrative design, creative writing, literature or equivalent an advantage.
- Working on console platforms and AAA development.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Code of Conduct
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.