Lead Multiplayer Designer
19 days ago
Ascendant Studios is on the hunt for an experienced multiplayer designer to head up our multiplayer effort. The ideal candidate will have recently shipped an AAA title on console or PC as a senior or lead multiplayer designer. They will also be comfortable working alongside outside partners during preproduction, production, and Live-Ops support.
This is a full time position. We are all currently working remotely due to Covid-19, but once we return the position may either be based in our office in San Rafael, CA, or remain fully remote.
- Lead the effort to create a unique multiplayer mode for Ascendant’s new IP
- Iterate on on gameplay designs from concept through prototype and production
- Oversee a team of external partners to prototype and execute the multiplayer game experience
- Collaborate with local single player leads in art, design, and programming while advocating for the multiplayer experience
- Test, provide feedback, and iterate on gameplay systems, levels, and the core loop through development
- Help to scope and track progress on multiplayer related tasks
- Recently shipped multiplayer AAA console/PC title in a senior or lead design role
- 5+ years of design experience in game design for console/PC, including at least one full production cycle
- Familiarity and understanding of multiplayer trends and live-ops business strategy.
- Familiar with a broad range of design principles as they apply to multiplayer gameplay, including level design, enemy and combat tuning, team dynamics, etc.
- A deep passion for multiplayer FPS games.
- Exceptional communication skills.
Good to Have
- Understanding of Unreal Engine 4, including blueprint creation.
- Previous experience leading a team through a full development cycle.